Admission is based on several criteria including the following:
- Earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited program.
- Official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States must be provided within the application.
- Completion of a basic undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or higher prior to enrollment or during the first semester of the program.
- Satisfactory certificate of immunization (for a UWG new student).
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for all upper division nursing courses.
- Professional resume.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional and academic abilities.
Online Degree and Certification Programs may not be available in all states. If you are an out-of-state student, please contact the Director of Distance Education to confirm that the program is available in your state. Once you have confirmed that the program is available in your state please contact Embry Ice at firstname.lastname@example.org as additional faculty licenses may be required in order to accommodate out of state students.
Application and all admission materials must be submitted by February 1 to be considered for PRIORITY Fall admission into the MSN Program.
Application and all admission materials will be accepted for REGULAR rolling Fall admission into the MSN Program until first day of the Fall semester.
Note: Rolling (continuous) admission occurs after the priority admission decisions are complete. Consideration for available space during the rolling admission cycle is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Consideration for admission is only given to complete files.
For MSN-specific links, click here.