We need your help! 3 more ways to Give!
- Be the One
- The Caring Way
- Naming Opportunities
Be the One
BSN education for nurses saves lives - nurse researchers have found that for every 10% increase in the proportion of nurses holding BSN degrees, 5% fewer patients die. That's a significant number - especially if you are part of the 5%.
We need to raise $5 million to make our new School of Nursing a reality and begin filling Georgia's critical shortage of nurses.
Every gift is appreciated. Every dollar takes us closer to our goal. The number of lives we can impact is countless.
You too can make a difference. Be the one. Give today.
To find out more, call 678-839-6136 today or give online.
University of West Georgia is:
- The primary provider of BSN and MSN nursing education in Northwest Georgia
- The largest RN-BSN program in the state
- One of the twelve USG institutions offering graduate education in nursing
- One of only two programs in Georgia that have graduated Clinical Nursing Leaders
- Anticipating approval of the 1st EdD in Nursing program in the state
We provide a caring, supportive, personal environment for learning that:
- Affirms the holistic nature of individuals
- Reflects caring as the essence of nursing
- Expects that nurses use critical thinking in decision making
- Supports evidence-based practice
- Utilizes disciplinary rigor to support BSN student progress toward clinical competence and MSN student progress toward assuming leadership and education roles
UWG's School of Nursing is the first in the state to create a technologically-enhanced, problem-based, team-oriented classroom. Our simulation labs feature human patient simulators with state-of-the-art computer, video, sound and recording equipment.
In 2011, UWG received state funding to break ground on a 64,000 sq.ft. School of Nursing Building. With this building, we can:
- Meet a growing need for high quality, state-of-the-art healthcare in our community
- Address the nursing shortage, both in Georgia and in the United States
- Increase the production of well-educated nursing professionals who deliver safe, effective care - and who save lives
State funding covers the majority of the construction costs, but to be effective, we still need:
- Financing to fill in the construction cost gap
- The technology and equipment needed for additional problem-based learning labs, simulation rooms and classrooms
- Funding to hire and retain quality faculty and staff
"I intend to make a difference with my nursing degree. I plan to care for, heal, and inspire each and every soul I come into contact with. Whether I spend my time in a [small] town...or become a charge nurse of the ICU at a major hospital, I will make a difference." -Lauren, class of 2012
The Caring Way
Take your place in history and support the School of Nursing by purchasing a brick for The Caring Way.
The Caring Way, the central entrance to the new Nursing building, is a perfect opportunity to commemorate students, faculty, staff, friendsfamily members or nurses who have made a difference in your life.
Campaign for the University of West Georgia School of Nursing
- $1,000,000 - $1,500,000 - Simulation Center, Main Auditorium, Endowed Professorship
- $500,000 - $1,000,000 - Problem-based Learning Center, Computer Center
- $250,000 - $500,000 - Simulation Room, Classroom, Reflection Room
- $100,000 - $250,000 - Simulator, Outdoor Classroom, Dean's Suite, Reflection Garden
- $50,000 - $100,000 - Presidential Scholarship Labyrinth
- $25,000 - $50,000 - Endowed Scholarship, Classroom