Student Research Travel Awards
Students may apply for travel grants to assist in the funding of travel for the purposes of research and/or creative activities.
In order to be considered for these travel awards, students must submit ALL of the following by the established deadlines:
- A completed Student Travel Award Worksheet (available within the application) and electronic application form (now available online--see the steps below).
- A full abstract for presentation at a professional meeting
- An acceptance letter or email certifying that you will be on the program
- A completed Student Travel Award Budget Form available here. If have issues with the PDF Version, you may use the Microsoft Word Version of the Budget Form here.
- or Receipts from travel already completed along with documentation 1-4 above
To apply, follow the steps below:
1) Go here: https://westga.infoready4.com/
2) Click on Student Travel Award Application
3) Read all instructions and then click on the "Apply" button on the right side of the page under "Application Tools"
5) Click on the University of West Georgia Login (at the top of the page) and log in with your UWG login credentials.
6) Complete the application and upload all required documents by the deadline date (see below). Please note: The application requires that you list a faculty sponsor. Once you submit the application packet, the packet will be routed to your faculty sponsor for approval. Once approval is obtained, your application will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Research Committee who will select proposals based on the merit of research and benefit to the students.
Need help? If you have any questions or issues with completing the student travel award application, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at 678-839-6636 or email@example.com.
The deadline to apply for these travel awards is typically early October for Fall semester travel, early February for Spring semester travel, and a final submission date in April each academic year.
Fall Semester Deadline: October 13, 2017
Spring Semester Deadline 1: February 16, 2018
Spring Semester Deadline 2: April 20, 2018
There is a limited amount of funds set aside each year for student travel related to the students’ SRAP projects. These funds will be available through the Student Travel Award Application, in which ALL required paperwork has been completed and submitted according to the deadlines and guidelines above. All travel must be completed by the end of the Spring semester. Students are not paid while travelling, as all travel is voluntary.
This funding can be used ONLY to cover travel related expenses: airfare and other approved travel expenses, lodging, and required conference registration fees.
**Note: Meals are no longer covered.**
All SRAP student travel must adhere to and be in compliance with the travel rules and regulations enforced by the University of West Georgia. www.westga.edu/travel/
MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF FUNDING PER PROJECT
$500.00 for In-state travel and $950 for Out-of-State travel. Please note this is per project NOT per student.