Student Research Travel Awards
Students may apply for travel grants to assist in the funding of travel for the purposes of research and/or creative activities.
In order to be considered for these travel awards, students must submit ALL of the following by the established deadlines:
- A completed application form (now available online--see the steps below).
- A full abstract for presentation at a professional meeting
- An acceptance letter or email certifying that you will be on the program
- A completed Student Travel Award Budget Form available here. If have issues with the PDF Version, you may use the Microsoft Word Version of the Budget Form here.
- or Receipts from travel already completed along with documentation 1-4 above
To apply, follow the steps below:
1) Go here: https://westga.infoready4.com/
2) Click on Student Travel Award Application
3) Read all instructions and then click on the "Apply" button on the right side of the page under "Application Tools"
5) Click on the University of West Georgia Login (at the top of the page) and log in with your UWG login credentials.
6) Complete the application and upload all required documents by the deadline date (see below). Please note: The application requires that you list a faculty sponsor. Once you submit the application packet, the packet will be routed to your faculty sponsor and the chair of his/her department for approval in lieu of signatures. Once approval is obtained, your application will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Research Committee who will select proposals based on the merit of research and benefit to the students.
Need help? If you have any questions or issues with completing the student travel award application, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research at 678-839-6636.
The deadline to apply for these travel awards is typically early October for Fall semester travel, early February for Spring semester travel, and a final submission date in April each academic year.
Fall Semester Deadline: October 14, 2016
Spring Semester Deadline 1: February 17, 2017
Spring Semester Deadline 2: April 24, 2017
There is a limited amount of funds set aside each year for student travel related to their SRAP project. These funds will be available on a first come first serve basis, in which ALL required paperwork has been completed and submitted according to the below deadlines and guidelines. Once these funds run out there will of course be no more travel funding for the year. All travel must be completed before the end of Spring Semester.
This funding can be used to ONLY cover travel related expenses - Airfare, Lodging, Meals & Registration. All SRAP student travel must adhere to and be in compliance with the travel rules and regulations enforced by the University of West Georgia. Travel Site
Maximum Amount of Funding Per Project
$500.00 for In-State travel & $950.00 for Out-of-State travel. Please note this is per project NOT per student. Cash advances will not be provided at all.
Required Travel Request Forms & Information
- Travel Authorization form needs to be prepared and then submitted for approval to Stacey Rowland- Honors College, at least 30 days prior to the travel date. Travel Authorization Form
- Student Travel Release form must be signed (by student) and submitted along with the Travel Authorization.
- Copy of Conference/Convention/Meeting Agenda and Overview
- Nothing should be purchased, spent or otherwise incurred until your Travel Request has been officially approved.