First-Year Student Resources
The University Writing Center
The University Writing Center is as a great resource to get help writing an essay or an important writing assignment. UWC services are free to all UWG students!
Center for Academic Success (CAS)
The Center for Academic Success offers tutoring for nearly all core classes! CAS also offers academic coaching, peer tutoring, supplemental instruction, and success workshops! Tutoring sessions are by appointment, and drop-in tutoring is offered on the bottom floor of Gunn Hall. CAS services are free to all UWG students!
Math Tutoring Center
The Math Tutoring Center offers tutoring in all MATH classes! It is staffed by teachers and students who have a strong understanding of math courses offered at UWG. No appointment is necessary for tutoring sessions. Math Tutoring Center services are free to all UWG students!
- Location: Boyd Building 205
- Hours: Monday-Thursday: 9:00 A.M.-7:00 P.M. Friday: 9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
- For more information, check out their website: Math Tutoring Center
Career Services offers help with creating and revising resumes. Career Services assist students with major and career exploration. Career Services also offers students guidance on how to search for jobs and internships. Career Services does numerous workshops throughout Fall and Spring semesters that teach students essential skills such as interviewing skills. Its services are free to all UWG students!
- Location: Row Hall, West Wing 3rd Floor
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Phone: (678) 839-6431
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, check out their website: Career Services
The Advising Center
The Advising Center provides students with information on how to register for classes, giving students recommendations for courses to take to stay on track with graduation, and teaching students how self-advise by using the tools provided at UWG.
- Location: UCC 207C
- Phone: (678) 839-5342
- Email: email@example.com
- For more information, check out their website: Advising Center
How to Change Your Major
The following steps show how to change your major:
- Change to Nursing: Any student interested in changing TO Nursing should make an appointment with the School of Nursing Advising Center and fill out the Major Change Request Form.
- Change to Business: Any student interested in changing TO Business should make an appointment with the College of Business Advising Center (call: 678-839-6467).
- Change to Education: Any student interested in changing TO Education should make an appointment with the College of Education Advising Center (call: 678-839-6050).
- Change to all other programs: Any student interested in changing TO any major not listed above should make an appointment with the Advising Center in UCC. (call: 678-839-5342 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Counseling Center offers free and confidential counseling and support services to all current UWG students.
- Location: 123 Row Hall
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Phone: (678) 839-6428
- Email: email@example.com
- For more information, check out their website: Counseling Center
UWG Health Services offers high quality and efficient health care to all current enrolled UWG students. Students are eligible to receive medical services through paying the health fee that is included in tuition. All visits are done by appointment.
- Location: Behind the Honors College in the Tyus Parking Lot
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday & Friday: 8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. Thursday: 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
- Phone: (678) 839-6452
- For more information, check out their website: Health Services
Office of University Ombuds
The Office of University Ombuds provides an accessible, informal channel of communication to facilitate non-adversarial means of dispute resolution and to promote conflict management and cooperation throughout the University community. The office will work to resolve concerns, complaints and questions about University policies, procedures and practices in a neutral, impartial and confidential manner.
- Location: Strozier Hall, Room 218
- Phone: (678) 839-4165
- For more information, check out their website: Office of the University Ombuds
UWG Cares is a tool that can be used by students, faculty, and parents to help maintain care and safety on UWG's campus. Through UWG Cares, a person can submit a report to check on the well being of someone or report any difficult or disruptive situations that may have taken place on campus. Reports can be submitted anonymously, and each report is reviewed by a member of the Campus Awareness Response & Evaluation Team (CARE) who will respond to your report with 24 hours unless it is the weekend. In case of an emergency, call the University Police at (678) 839-6000.
For more information on UWG Cares and how to submit a report, check out their website: UWG Cares