The Office of Budget Services is committed to providing guidance and support to faculty and staff in planning, budgeting, and analysis of resources in accordance with the guidelines instituted by the University System of Georgia. This is to be achieved by:
- Developing and continually improving the processes for budgeting and position management;
- Providing necessary and accurate information for sound decision making;
- Processing budget changes and data requests accurately and timely; and
- Providing exceptional customer assistance with budget information and training.
- Prepare the annual budget for the university in conjunction with the various departments of the university and submit to the Board of Regents.
- Process budget amendments as submitted by university departments.
- Update position management information in the payroll system (ADP).
- Set up new departments as needed.
- Prepare the annual fee increase request submitted to the Board of Regents and update the Board’s Elective Fee website for the university.
- Prepare quarterly financial progress reports, both budgeted and actual data, for submission to the Board of Regents.
- Perform the post-award function of sponsored grants.
- Ensure training is provided for accessing budget data in PeopleSoft financials as well as the forms required.
- Provide accurate and timely budget and revenue information as needed.
- Perform all the functions of the department in a helpful and courteous manner.