• What is the reimbursement turn-around time for a travel-related expense?

    Typical turn-around time is 5 – 7 business days, however, this can be affected by several things. The approving official(s) availability to approve. Missing or incorrect required documentation. Month-end close and/or Fiscal Year-end deadlines for submissions.

  • What are the mileage reimbursement tier rates?

    Currently, the tier rates for mileage reimbursement are $.575 per mile for Tier 1 and $.17 per mile for Tier 2. (These rates are as of 1/1/2020)

  • Can I combine additional personal time/days with my business travel?

    With your approving official’s approval, you may add personal time/days to your business travel with no additional expense to the State.

  • What do I do if my bank information has changed?

    Often the OneUSG banking information does not feed over to the PeopleSoft Expense Module. At your earliest convenience after a banking change, please contact Travel Services to verify and/or update the bank information in the PeopleSoft Expense Module.

  • Can I be reimbursed for meals if my trip does not include an overnight stay?

    Effective 7/1/2018, USG will no longer provide reimbursement of meals for employee travel that does not require an overnight stay.

  • Can I use Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, Flipkey, etc. to book my lodging?
    UWG cannot pay directly nor reimburse for lodging that is NOT in a hotel or motel.  This includes payments to a management company for homes or condos for short term lodging or rental, such as, but not limited to: Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, etc. 
  • I lost a receipt from my trip. Is there a way to be reimbursed without it?

    Expenditures of $25.00 or greater require a receipt. If efforts have been made to obtain a duplicate, you simply complete, sign and submit an approved Missing receipt form with your expense report. Please see the State Travel Regulations for detailed information regarding required receipts.

  • Can I use any rental car company for business travel?

    Currently the mandatory rental car companies to use for University Business are Hertz for rental originating out of state and either Hertz or Enterprise for rental originating within the State (GA). In order to seek reimbursement for rental car expense, currently these are the only two rental companies to utilize. For more information - see Travel Services website under Before Travel / Determine mode of transportation.  

  • Can I get reimbursed for any expenses paid before traveling?

    Yes, travelers can get reimbursed for registration and airfare before actual travel is complete. Just create and submit an Expense Report for the registration and/or airfare with detailed receipts attached to the electronic report. For more details - see Travel Services website under Before Travel / Determine mode of transportation and/or Register for the event, conference, training or retreat.

  • Will I be reimbursed for fuel?

    Yes, if fuel expenses are reimbursed when a rental car is the approved mode of transportation. Travelers must decline optional fuel offerings by the car rental vendor. Receipts are required for fuel costs $25 or more. When a UWG fleet motor pool vehicle is used, employees should use the State Fuel Card. If a personal vehicle is used, employees are reimbursed for mileage only. For more details - see Travel Services website under Before Travel / Determine mode of transportation.    

  • Are meal receipts required?

    No, unless food is purchased for a campus meeting, retreat, or student group events while not on travel status.

  • What if my password for PeopleSoft Self Service doesn't work?

    If you have problems with your password, select the "Forgot Username or Password" link on PeopleSoft Self Service under sign in button. This will guide you through the steps to receive a password. If you experience problems and/or are still not able to proceed, please contact the ITS service desk.  

  • How can I pay for lodging?
    • Lodging expenses may be incurred by the traveler and reimbursed after the trip is complete with submission of a paid in full receipt. The receipt must meet the minimal receipt requirements as listed under Lodging on Travel Services website.
    • Travelers/Departments may request prepayment of lodging expenses for the employee(s) by submitting a completed, approved Check Request with hotel proforma invoice/lodging confirmation and travel authorization prior to traveling.
    • Travelers who meet the criteria for a Cash Advance may include the estimated lodging amount in their advance request. The Cash Advance would be deposited in your account a few days prior to their departure date.

    For more details - see Lodging information under Before Travel tile.