Upon your return, submit an itemized lodging receipt with the following:
- Traveler’s Name
- Name, City/State, and if international travel, Country, of lodging facility
- Arrival/Departure Date
- Daily Room Rate
- Breakout of ancillary charges (parking, room service, wifi or movies, etc.)
- Applicable taxes
- In-State: exemption of occupancy tax
- Out-of-State: breakout of total tax
- Total Paid, Zero-Balance Receipt
List ancillary charges separately on the expense report (parking, internet, etc.).
Employees traveling on official state business, within the State of Georgia, are exempt from the county or municipal excise tax on lodging (hotel/motel or occupancy tax).
Submit a copy of the Hotel/Motel Tax Exemption Form at check-in. If the hotel refuses to accept the form at check-in, the traveler should attempt to resolve the issue with hotel management before checking out. If the matter is unresolved by checkout, the traveler should pay the tax and submit a completed IN-STATE HOTEL/MOTEL TAX EXCEPTION FORM when seeking reimbursement. Employees are required to pay any state/local sales and use taxes, including the State of Georgia’s $5.00 per room per night hotel tax to travelers.