In December of 2014, the Carrollton-Carroll County Education Collaborative (CCEC) met for the first time bringing together leadership of two school systems, the regional technical college, the comprehensive four-year university, and chamber and community leaders to establish a common vision for K-16 success.
Since the first meeting, the CCEC has committed to assuming the shared responsibility of regional educational efforts and shared responsibilities to foster change, achieve coherence in their curriculum, and promote success for students past high school graduation. Defining success as the communication, preparedness, access, opportunity, and completion of *post-secondary education…
…the CCEC is guided by these four goals:
- Ensure academic success for all students, P-16
- Educate and promote career pathways and access to post-secondary education.
- Ensure all students graduate from high school prepared to enter the workforce and/or succeed in two-year or four-year colleges or universities.
- Increase opportunities for all students through a community network.
- Independence and Personal Road Map (PDF)
- UWG Update Jan. 2017 (PDF)
- WGTC Update Jan. 2017 (PDF)
- Foundations in Mathematics: Promoting Good Beginnings (PDF)
- Increasing Student Success with Intervention Tutoring Jan. 2017 (PDF)
- Early Brain Dev. & Language Nutrition Oct. 2016 (PDF)
- Organizational Goals (PDF)
- Steps to Success (PDF)