The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment adopted the following five overarching goals as part of its strategic planning process to help carry out the departmental mission and to foster mechanisms to assess results and continuous improvement. Each goal advances one or more of the four University-wide strategic imperatives.
1. Foster a university-wide culture of assessment and continuous improvement. (SI3-A, SI3-B, SI4-C, SI4-D)
2. Continuously improve data quality and information reporting. (SI1-A, SI3-A, SI3-C, SI4-C, SI4-D)
3. Assure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. (SI3-B, SI4-C, SI4-D)
4. Promote professional development and training to improve service delivery (SI1-C, SI1-D, SI3-A, SI3-C, SI4-A)
5. Foster the improvement of UWG’s data informed planning and budgeting processes in compliance with the Board of Regents' policies and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges' criteria. (SI4-C, SI4-D)