Work West Webspace Guide
The primary purpose of the Work West Webspace is to provide relevant, accurate and timely information to faculty and staff to support UWG’s business and operational alignment with the strategic plan. Expand the sections below to learn more about the Work West Webspace.
Purpose of the Work West Webspace
- Shares information about UWG services with faculty and staff to support the delivery of services,
- Shares information about UWG’s happenings to engage faculty and staff and to empower them to communicate with internal groups, e.g., committees, project groups, departments, schools, and units, to promote collaboration and to provide easy paths to resourcing important information.
Benefits of the Webspace
- Aids with Information Security - Internal content, such as university systems, is hidden from the public
- Reduces the amount of content on the public webspace that does not apply to students - allowing it to become a stronger recruitment tool
- Expands and improves the web presence and experience for all employees
The more we contribute to the Work West Webspace, the more benefit it will provide!
The Work West Webspace is not visible to the public. UWG ID faculty and staff credentials are required to enter the workwest.westga.edu domain. The webspace can be used both on and off campus.
To access the Work West Webspace homepage, you can use the URL workwest.westga.edu or use the link we have added to the lock icon on the public site (pictured below). You will then log in using your UWG ID. Note that certain links may take you to the public version of a page if the internal page has not yet been established.
Work West Announcements are one of the main elements displayed on the homepage for the Work West Webspace. Internal-based updates such as major internal deadlines, events, policy changes, and more are displayed. Viewers can change what items are displayed by using the "Search by Date" and "Search by Tag" options available. If there is an announcement that you believe the campus community needs to be made aware of, there is a "Submit an Announcement" link available.
The Events Calendar is accessible from both the public site and Work West Webspace. Any events that pertain to faculty or staff should be added to the calendar before email notifications are sent. Events created in this system can have documents attached to listings and can even have registration limits set. The Work West Webspace homepage has a quick-view section to review upcoming events.
Please review the rules and tips listed on our Events Calendar information page before posting an event.
UWG Faculty and Staff are the target audience for all content on the Work West Webspace. All content should be presented in a simple, easy to navigate manner. Content should also follow all accessibility standards. Review the sections below to learn about what content is acceptable or not-acceptable.
- Work procedure information
- Studies, awards, success stories of faculty/staff/departments
- Services offered that impact or may be of interest to faculty/staff
- Information that supports the goals and initiatives of UWG
- Policy information for departments, UWG as a whole, or the University System of Georgia
- Any content that contains confidential information
- Inflammatory content, hate speech, and/or content that does not align with the values, goals, etc. of the university or USG
- Any content that violates acceptable use policy, copyright laws, local, state, and federal laws, and/or USG policies
- Content regarding outside businesses and/or services
- Content that is only relevant to students
- The accuracy and relevance of content on both the Work West Webspace and public sites is the responsibility of OU Campus editors and approvers for a given department.
- UCM is responsible for providing training and assistance to OU Campus editors.
Expectations for Proper Use
- OU Campus editors and approvers are expected to follow all guidelines regarding appropriate content.
- All content should follow accessibility standards.
- Content should be up-to-date and should be free of errors, misinformation, etc.
Learn more on our Work West Website Governance page.
Logging into OU Campus from Work West
Users will follow the same process to access OU Campus within the Work West Webspace. In order to make changes to a page within the Work West Webspace, you must log into OU Campus from the Work West version of the site. If you want to switch to making changes to the public version of your site, you must log into OU Campus from the public site.
Helpful Links for OU Campus
- If you need to create an OU Campus account, please fill out our Web Services Form and a member of UCM's web team will connect with you.
- New OU Campus users must attend Basic and Accessibility trainings. UCM will reach out to establish a training date after receiving a new account request.
- For details on OU Campus CMS, visit the linked page. You can find details about CMS policies, procedures, and more.
- View our OU Campus Guide for step by step instructions on various content editing and layout tasks.
For additional web support, please send all requests to email@example.com.
- As we continue to expand the Work West Webspace, new content and features may become available. Please use our feedback form to let us know of content/features that you think would benefit your fellow wolves: Work West Feedback
Below are answers to common questions regarding the Work West Webspace. If you have a question not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The Work West website is designed for employee-only information and communication. This is a resource for shared content available internally to faculty, and staff only. You must have a UWG ID username and password to access the Work West website.
To access the Work West website, navigate your Internet browser to https://workwest.westga.edu/ and enter your UWG ID username and password.
The Work West website can be used anywhere the internet can be accessed, both on campus and off campus.
Yes, our public website will continue to host website content for our external and internal audiences. However, as our internal website traffic shifts from public to internal web space, our web editors may choose to post internal content on the workwest.westga.edu website only.
Internal communications will be posted on the new Work West website. You will still receive your weekly updates via Work West Bulletin.
Faculty and staff events are posted on UWG's official events calendar. The Work West website displays an event feed with all events placed in the Faculty and Staff category.
Any departments requiring communication for topics beneficial only to university faculty and staff have a WorkWest site for displaying that information. Departments without information exclusive to faculty and staff do not have a WorkWest site.
If you are already a registered OU Campus editor you will automatically have access to your internal departmental website. Check our events calendar for OU Campus training classes for internal website editors. If you are a new editor you may request a new account via this form. Learn more about the Work West Webspace Governance here.
No, the web pages and paths to web content on workwest.westga.edu are hidden from the public but are visible to any employee. You should not store any sensitive data on the public or internal website.
- If you have problems with accessing the Work West website, please contact ITS Service Desk at 678-839-6587.
- If you have questions about the content of the Work West website, need OU Campus CMS support, WebCV support, or events submission support contact UCM’s Web Services team at email@example.com.
- No! The Work West website will grow and change as the internal traffic shifts from our public to our internal web presence. Our website owners and editors will publish more internal content and request parts of their public sites to be moved to internal space only. We welcome your suggestions and feedback as we develop new website sections and provide easier paths to commonly used internal resources.