Please go to the Xitracs Resources page for more information.
If you are submitting a new program proposal in the Curriculog system, you will need to include the following two items to satisfy the assessment requirements. Please complete the following templates and attach to the official proposal.
- Academic Assessment Plan / Reporting - Template*Download the above template and fill in the first three columns. It will include the Program Student Learning Outcomes, Strategic Plan Connection, and the Measure and Methods - You want to show how the program will be collecting and analyzing the assessment data. (For more specific information as to what should be included in the Measure/Method column, see the UWG Peer Review Rubric below).
- Curriculum and Assessment Map - Template*Download the above template and fill in per the embedded instructions. IF you will be using course embedded assessment, be sure to include an "A" in the appropriate cells to indicate where learning outcomes will be assessed.
Information on Writing Program Level Student Learning Outcomes (.pdf)
General Education Assessment Resources
Blinding (Redacting) Student Work in a PDF
The videos below will walk you through how to blind (redact) student work in a PDF for purposes of General Education Assessment.
- Blinding (Redacting) Student Work in a PDF - Option 1
- Blinding (Redacting) Student Work in a PDF - Option 2
- Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE), 2018 Winter/Spring Intersection Publication - for more information or for access to past publications, please see the AALHE website here.
- Grading vs. Assessment of Learning Outcomes: What's the difference?
- Regression Toward the Mean: An Introduction with Examples (external site)
- Writing Program Level Student Learning Outcomes (.pdf)
Articles on Assessment
- Meaningful Assessment Measures in an Art Program - Frank A. Pishkur and John D. Hogue
- A Capstone Experience for Sustainable Assessment in Science: Biochemistry - Walter A. Patton and Megan F. Potteiger
- A Simple Model for Learning Improvement: Weigh Pig, Feed Pig, Weigh Pig - Keston Fulcher, Megan R. Good, Chris M. Coleman, and Kristen L. Smith
Books on Assessment
- Barbara Walvoord, Assessment Clear and Simple: A Practical Guide, 2nd ed. (2010)
- Catherine Wehlburg, Promoting Integrated and Transformative Assessment (2008)
- Trudy Banta, Assessing Student Learning: A Common Sense Guide, 2nd (2009)
- George Kuh et al., Using Evidence of Student Learning to Improve Higher Education (2015)
- Karen Nichols and James Nichols, The Department Head Guide to Assessment Implementation in Administrative and Educational Support Units (2000)