- Open to any UWG full-time or part-time benefited staff member who has successfully completed at least six (6) months of employment in a benefits-eligible position by the application date for that semester.
- Short statement explaining how this educational program will impact you professionally. (250 words or less)
- Supporting documents as required to pay the reimbursement: receipt (books do not have to be purchased from UWG bookstore to be eligible) and proof of enrollment in a course.
- Applicants must not have received funds from the SAC Book Scholarship Program in the last two years.
- The scholarship will reimburse the cost of books for one semester, up to $50, to be
used during the semester in which it is awarded.
Award recipient(s) will be selected by the SAC Benefits Committee. Applications are due the day after the official UWG Drop/Add deadline for spring and fall semesters. Recipient(s) will be notified within 5 business days after the due date and will need to provide proof of enrollment, original receipts and complete reimbursement forms to claim their award.
Fine Print Details: SAC Benefits Committee members are not eligible to select recipients if they are applying for the scholarship. If this occurs, the Benefits Committee will ask other SAC representatives to fill in. At this time, awards are not available for summer semesters. Recipients must return the award if they withdrawal or fail to complete the course(s). Failure to comply will result in ineligibility for the scholarship in the future.
All Benefits Committee members and staff involved in the selection process shall comply with all University Rules.
Spring 2019 - January 11th
Summer 2019, Session I - May 11th
Summer 2019, Session II, Session III - June 5th
Summer 2019, Session IV - June 29th
Fall 2019 - TBA
Congratulations to our Winners!
Fall 2018 - Beverly Albright - Center for Adult Learners and Veterans