We enhance UWG’s reputation as a trailblazing institution – one that nurtures academic achievers and free-thinkers, while providing a learning community that transforms student lives in our region and well beyond.
UCM Department Goals:
I. Be seen and heard.
- Improve perceptions of UWG (first-choice) by two to three percent.
- Maintain awareness and familiarity as benchmarked in Wave I of the institutional survey.
- Elevate our academic profile through increased faculty participation in WebCV and stories of research and achievement.
- Expand out reach/impact within the Atlanta market and beyond.
- Protect our share of voice by maintaining gross impression levels.
- Explore new channels to better tell our story, in changing ways.
- Out-smart the competition
- Award-winning campaigns and a synchronized media presence.
II. Reach out and invite in.
- Inspire faculty, staff, and student engagement through EngageWest! action plans and improved internal communications.
- Reconnect more alumni to institutional purpose.
- Lower community "drawbridges."
- Expand the definition of community.
- Cultivate new partners and supporters.
- Attract prospective students and parents.
- Broker educational and economic efforts.
- Inform legislative and governing bodies.
III. Explore and Educate
- Create UWG “aha” reputational moments
- Learn new things about UWG.
- Uncover hidden gems.
- Alumni success
- Student success
- Faculty success
- Athletics success
- Facility differentiations (athletics, housing, dining, etc.)
- Create a two-way dialogue with our audiences.
- Promote the limitless possibilities at UWG.
IV. Operational and Leadership Excellence
- Survey action plans
- LDI participation
- Cross mentoring groups
- Integration into daily activities
- Professional and personal development
- Develop West
- Conferences, webinars, Lynda.com, etc.
- Industry best practices and principles
- Policy, procedures, and guidelines
- Create trends as a forerunner of best practices