The Executive Committee shall have broad responsibility for:
- Planning and facilitating the activities of the Senate, including the following functions: assigning Senators to Senate standing committees and subcommittees; creating ad hoc Senate committees and assigning Senators; assigning Senators to such non-Senate university committees, task forces, and search committees as needed; and proposing legislation to the Senate that the Executive Committee may deem appropriate.
- Overseeing the election of the officers of the Senate, including receiving nominations, organizing and supervising elections, monitoring compliance, adjudicating challenges, and certifying the results.
- Interviewing candidates for university-wide positions and providing evaluations to the appropriate search committees.
The Executive Committee shall be composed of the chairs of the Senate standing committees, the Chair of the Senate, the Past Chair or Chair-Elect of the Senate, the Executive Secretary, the President of the University, and the Provost of the University.
- Judy Butler - Chair
- Angela Insenga - Executive Secretary of the Faculty Senate and General Faculty
- Julia Farmer - Past Chair
- Kyle Marrero - President of the University 2013-2019
- Micheal Crafton - Provost of the University
Standing Committee Chairs
- Jeff Zamostny - Undergraduate Programs Committee
- Colleen Vasconcellos - Graduate Programs Committee
- Nancy Pencoe - Academic Policies Committee
- Basu Dutt - Faculty Development Committee
- Felix Tweraser - Institutional Planning Committee
- Markesha Henderson - Student Affairs Committee
- Christie Johnson - Facilities and Technology Committee
- Lisa Robinson - Intercollegiate Athletics and University Advancement Committee
- Henry Zot - Budget Committee
- Susana Velez-Castrillon - Rules Committee
- Angela Pashia - Diversity and Internationalization Committee
- John Morris - Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Committee