When are reports due?
Assessment at UWG is on an annual cycle using a staggered reporting schedule that corresponds to the operations of different units. Specifically, the timeline was created to reflect the time data collected in the assessment is available, current, and actionable. All Academic Programs are to submit their assessment reports by November 15 each year, or by the following business day if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday.
What reports are due?
All Academic Departments are expected to submit an annual Operational Outcomes Assessment Report. This report is partially completed by the office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment, who enters most data points. The report is then sent to each Department to analyze, interpret, and state any improvement plans based on the data provided.
***Please note: the Operational Outcomes Assessment Reports will not be completed for 2020. For more information, please contact IEA.
All Academic Programs are expected to submit an annual Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Report. This report is completed solely by the program.
What resources are available to help with completing these reports?
- BLANK Operational Outcomes Assessment Report
- 2018 Email Attachement: Operational Outcomes Assessment Info Sheet (.pdf)
- BLANK SLO Assessment Report Template
- Academic Assessment Quality Rubric (Peer Rewiew Rubric) - used each Spring during the Peer Review to assess each SLO assessment report. For more information on the Peer Review, click here.
- Curriculum and Assessment Map Template - only required to submit when adding a new program (degree or stand-alone minor / certificate), or modifying the program such that the program curriculum, learning outcomes, or tracks/concentrations are impcated, or when requesting to deactivate a program.
Additional resources can be found here.
What do I do if I want to add or modify a program?
As part of the formal proposal for a new degree program, it is required that all proposals include a plan for assessment. Specific information on requirements can be found in the official proposal form provided within the Academic Affairs division. However all Assessment Plans should contain:
- Clearly stated student learning outcomes and their relation to the UWG strategic plan.
- A description of the intended measurments to be used in the assessment of each outcome providing specific information as to the who, what, when, and how each outcome will be assessed.
- Curriculum & Assessment Map - only required when adding a new program (degree or stand-alone minor / certificate), or modifying the program such that the program curriculum, learning outcomes, or tracks/concentrations are impcated, or when requesting to deactivate a program.
Once a new academic program has been approved, an annual Student Learning Outcomes
Assessment Report is expected to be completed on schedule one year from inception.
*For example, if a new program were to begin enrolling students in Fall 2019, the program will be expected to submit a Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Report by November 15, 2020.