Submission of Annual Assessment Reports
Use the relevant Excel worksheet template to report UWG Annual Assessment data. Submit all reports to Amanda Thomas by close of business the day of the unit's respective reporting deadline.
For more information on the reporting schedule, please see Assessment Procedures.
Contact Amanda Thomas if you have any questions about Annual Assessment Reporting.
Academic Peer Review
Since 2016, UWG has completed an Annual Peer Review of Academic Assessment Reports. Each Spring, faculty members from across campus review all assessment reports on program-level Student Learning Outcomes. These reports are scored against the UWG Assessment Quality Rubric. The purpose of this process is to advance the assessment of student learning and to encourage the use of assessment data for continuous improvement.
Two faculty representatives from each College/School came together and formed a team of 12 reviewers. These 12 reviewers were divided into four teams of three. Each team was responsible for reviewing and scoring 21 assessment reports, 7 per person. Each team came together, and collectively reviewed all 21 reports and submitted final scores. Final score reports went out to all programs, were aggregated for each College/School, and an average score was presented for the division of Academic Affairs.
Based on feedback, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness & Assessment requested one faculty member from each College/School, who had previously participated as a reviewer, to take part in an ad-hoc Rubric Review Team. These six faculties, along with the Interim Director of Assessment, reviewed the rubric and overall process for the Annual Peer Review. Revisions were made to the rubric for clarity, and updated processes will be implemented.
- Two faculty members from each College/School (12 total)
- Four teams of 3 reviewers
- Teams will collectively review and score 21 assessment reports, 7 per person.
2018 Updated Processes:
- ***NEW Revise and Resubmit process for programs that initially score lower than 3.0***
- After the initial review and scoring, programs who score below a 3.0, will be given
the option to revise and resubmit the assessment report for a second review.
- Programs will be notified of the opportunity by the Interim Director of Assessment
- Programs who choose to revise and resubmit must resubmit within one week of being notified.
- The revised report will be reviewed and re-scored by the same team of reviewers.
- All programs and Colleges/School will receive the final score report at the same time via email.
2018 Rubric Updates:
- Reviewers will be allowed to give scores in increments of 0.5.
- Removed scoring elements for SLO's (SLO's are focused and appropriate to measure student learning). Only comments will be allowed.
- Final text box area changed from "Overall Summary Comments" to "Additional Comments."
- "Summary of Program Progress" removed.
If you have any questions about the Peer Review, please contact Amanda Thomas, Director of Assessment at email@example.com.