Georgia is an open records state, which means records of state agencies, including the University of West Georgia, are subject to public disclosure.
Please click the following link for information on the Georgia Open Records Act (PDF)
As allowed by state law, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment is the designated, central open records office for the University of West Georgia. The Associate Vice President for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment serves as the University's Custodian of Records. The Open Records Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Georgia Open Records Act and coordinating the University’s response to open records requests, subpoenas, and requests for production of documents.
The University requires all written record requests be made upon the duly appointed Open Records Officer listed below. The 3-day response period begins when the Officer receives the written request.
All written requests containing personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, date of birth, etc., shall be sent by mail or fax.
revised July 2018
How to Use the Fillable PDF Forms on this page
- PDF Forms REQUIRE Adobe Acrobat Reader, a freely distributed program available over the internet.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader software is already downloaded and available on most campus computers. However, if it is not currently available, it may be downloaded for free. It is available for various Operating Systems such as Windows, Macintosh, OS2, UNIX, etc. Email or call (678-839-6587) the campus help desk to help locate, download, and install the appropriate software.
- Forms are only fillable if accessed using the Chrome web browser. If using other browsers, download to the form to a local drive, complete the form, then use the convenience buttons on the form to Print, Submit, or Clear.
- After opening a PDF fillable form, click inside a text box to place the cursor in an available field for entering data. Enter the requested information, then use the Tab key to move to the next field.
- Once the form has been completed, use the "buttons" on the form to Print, Submit,
Print: Sends the document, containing the data, to the printer of choice.
Submit: Sends the data-filled document to the appropriate recipient.
Clear: Clears data from form
- To save the form on a local drive:
Windows: right mouse button click
Macintosh: click and hold on the link. The 'context sensitive menu' will appear.
Click on "Save Link As...." or "Save Target As...." to save it to the desired location.