Blue Coats are invited to many special events through the Division of University Advancement and the university, but those events are not all we do. Some of our time is spent writing thank you letters, making phone calls and building relationships with University Advancement staff and leadership of the respective volunteer groups. As ambassadors, we are here to serve the Division of University Advancement, and our members are willing to do so, regardless of the task. Alumni and friends want to see results from their financial support and service to the University of West Georgia and the Blue Coats provide a tangible example.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings
- Volunteer a minimum of 30 hours per academic year
- Respectfully represent the Blue Coats and the Division of University Advancement in all areas of involvement on and off campus
- Serve as hosts for the University Stadium suites and at the alumni tailgate during football season.
Blue Coats Mandatory Events
These events include functions that all members must attend unless granted an excused absence by the executive council or Blue Coat adviser. Excused absences are typically granted for a member who must perform duties for another organization, has an academic conflict or provides a university-approved excuse.
- Blue Coat Meetings - Every other Tuesday at 8:30 p.m.(unless otherwise specified)
- A-DAY Events
- Board of Regents Salute to Education Gala in Atlanta
- Alumni Weekend/Alumni Awards Gala
Specific dates for the above events will be provided each year as they are confirmed.