Therefore, UWG has undertaken a major web design renovation and implement a new content management system. An established UWG institutional web committee collectively developed a strategy for our web presence which ties to institutional imperatives for evolving and elevating the UWG site.
The ultimate goal is to transform and simplify the UWG end-user experience into a succinct, effective interface with our institution to enhance our reputation among key audiences to generate interest, inquiry, action and to create affinity for our institution.
- Enhance the visual identity and appearance of the website with a new theme including new fonts, colors, logos and other graphical branding elements.
- Improve the layout, navigation and overall functionality of the website.
- Establish and maintain consistency throughout the University website with respect to theme, layout, navigation and content standards.
- Implement a new Content Management System (CMS) that is easy to use and makes it easy to develop new features.
- Update and migrate our current content to the new CMS and also provide additional new content in specific areas.
- Improve consistency, accuracy and timeliness of information for and about our degrees, programs, courses, faculty, students, staff, admissions, events, schedules and deadlines.
- Improve our presence and ranking in organic web searches for major search engines.
- Improve our integration and presence across all social media platforms.
- Make our website easier to use and more functional for persons with disabilities.
- Design Brief
- PAC Presentation - Aug. 4, 2015
- PAC Presentation - Nov. 17, 2015
- SAC Presentation - Nov. 19, 2015
- Faculty Senate Presentation - Dec. 4, 2015
- Design Concepts
The Web Advisory Board is comprised of Jami Bower, Kathy Kral, Blake Adams, John Head, Craig Schroer, Kevin Hemphill, Julie Lineback, April Saunders and Denny Chasteen.
The Web Services Team includes Ewa Zennermann, Associate Director of Web Services; Lee Augsburger, Web Services Specialist - Senior; and Abigail Whorton, Web Services Specialist - Intermediate.
Additionally, the Web Innovations Team within Information Technology Services, led by Denny Chasteen, Web Innovations Manager, has also been a key group of players on this project.
If you have any thoughts or comments about the new site, please fill out a UWG Website Feedback Form. test