West in Thirty is an invitation only program which offers freshman the opportunity to start their academic journey by attending West Georgia Technical College for as few as 24 credit hours, or about two semesters.
After a successful completion of these 24 credit hours with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or receipt of an Associate’s Degree, students will have the opportunity to transfer to the University of West Georgia to become a fully admitted student.
Please note that candidates will only be considered for this unique program after they have completed the entire freshman admissions application process with the University of West Georgia AND been informed that they do not meet the freshman admission standards.
Benefits to being invited to be part of this program?
- An accelerated program to transfer to UWG with only 24 transferable hours, 2.0 GPA, and Math/English proficiency. Traditional transfer paths require 30 hours.
- Your application, transcripts, and test scores will be sent to West Georgia Technical College for admissions consideration, free of charge.
- The UWG application fee will cover the application fee at West Georgia Technical College as well.
- No cost to reapply to UWG when you’re ready to transfer.
- You'll have your own personal transfer advisor to make sure you have all of the fundamental resources to make the right academic decision to later transfer to the University of West Georgia.
*If you need your access code or are having trouble with your access code, please call 678-839-5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.