Opportunities for Students during High School
Recognizing the need to offer opportunities for academic acceleration to talented high school students, UWG allows early entrance through three organized programs. They each offer the opportunity to simultaneously fulfill high school graduation requirements and earn college credits:
- Move on When Ready (MOWR) / Dual Enrollment – The student continues his/her enrollment in high school, while also enrolling in courses for college credit.
- Early Admission – The student enrolls as a full-time college student following completion of the junior year in high school but will graduate from their home high school.
- The Advanced Academy of Georgia – A unique full-time program for outstanding high school juniors and seniors. Visit www.advancedacademy.org for more information.
MOWR / Dual Enrollment and Early Admission are for qualified students at accredited
public or private high schools in the state of Georgia, and are operated in all school
terms except summer. Homeschooled students may also be considered if they meet both
early-entrance and general homeschooled admission requirements. Courses are offered
to students on both the Carrollton and the Newnan campuses.
What is Move On When Ready?
As of July 1st, 2015 the State of Georgia has aggregated several programs (MoWR, Accel, and HOPE grant) in order to facilitate the student's ease of access to these services. The conglomeration of these programs is now called "Move on When Ready".
For detailed information about the enhanced Move on When Ready program see these resources:
- GA Department of Education, Dual Enrollment Home Page
- GA Department of Education, MOWR FAQs
- GA College 411, MOWR Home Page
UWG Admission Requirements:
- Application for admission
- Official copy of your high school transcripts
- Official copy of your SAT and/or ACT scores
- Combined (Critical Reading and Math) SAT of 970 (or ACT 20)
- SAT Critical Reading 430 (or ACT English 17)
- SAT Math 410 (or ACT Math 17)
- High School Academic GPA of 3.0
- Participation Agreement completed by student, parent or guardian, and high school counselor or principal.
- UWG Certificate of Immunization Form (must be submitted prior to registration)
*Advanced Academy admission requirements are available at www.advancedacademy.org