A Learning Community is a small group of students who take their classes together during their first year. Learning communities offer a “small college” environment within the larger campus. Some of your classes consist only of your fellow Learning Community students. These courses center on a common theme, such as film, creative writing, the environment, or science-based careers in either the health professions or engineering.
For more information about each community, contact First-Year Experience. Depending on the Learning Community some or all of your classes may be pre-set. Your class schedule may include a thematic Learning Community courses, English Composition, and other Core courses needed for graduation.
ADVANTAGES TO JOINING A LEARNING COMMUNITY:
- Exploring your academic and career options
- Developing leadership skills
- Connecting with a faculty or staff member in your area of interest
- Finding your passion in life
- Off-campus experiences related to your Learning Community theme
- Building friendships that will last a lifetime
2016-2017 LEARNING COMMUNITIES
If you have any question regarding the specific Learning Communities please contact the Learning Community Coordinator. If you have questions about signing up for your first-year program please contact First-Year Experience at 678-839-4966.