Residence Halls

  • Bowdon Hall
  • The Oaks
  • Center Pointe Suites
  • Strozier Hall Annex
  • University Suites

All of our residence halls are open for returning students, including:

  • Arbor View Apartments
  • The Village
  • Bowdon Hall
  • The Oaks
  • Center Pointe Suites
  • Strozier Hall Annex
  • University Suites

Smoking is not permitted in the residence hall or on-campus as the use of any tobacco product is prohibited at the University of West Georgia.

“Tobacco Products” are defined as cigarettes, cigars, pipes, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco, such as hookahs, or simulate the use of tobacco, such as electronic cigarettes.

Housing and Residence Life offers accessible rooms in each of our living communities.

Students who require special accommodations should complete the housing contract as well as contact Accessibility Services at (678) 839-6428 to obtain special accommodations.

You can also visit the Accessibility Services’ website.

  1. Log in to the Housing Portal using your UWG credentials
  2. Select Housing Application from the blue menu bar under the LIVE WEST banner.
  3. Select the term, then click “Continue”
  4. Navigate to the “Application Summary” screen to review your assignment details and roommate information.


Rooms are available for choosing NOW! There is no wait, that's what's amazing about living on campus at UWG.

An overnight guest is defined as any person(s) that are planning to stay after visitation hours (2 am) have elapsed in non-24 hour facilities.

Overnight guests are allowed only with the consent of other roommates/ suitemates and are restricted to a maximum 3-night stay within a 7 day period.

In 24-hour visitation facilities, an overnight guest is defined as a visitor who stays for more than 12 hours.

The host of the potential overnight guest must register their guest through the “Overnight Guest Form”. This form must be submitted no later than 12 hours prior to the requested night.

Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to stay overnight in the residence halls.


When a resident checks out of their room, they are also to remove all of their personal belongings. If any belongings are left, they fall within the following two categories:

  • Abandoned: All items left behind and have a known owner are considered abandoned and must be reported to the building supervisor (Residence Life Coordinator or Resident Director) or professional housing staff member.
  • Lost: All items left behind in common areas, with no known owner, are considered lost and must be reported to the building supervisor or professional staff member. Lost items should be held in a Lost and Found in the building where they were collected for 60 days. If items are not claimed within 60 days, these items are picked up by Logistics and prepped for donation.

Confiscated Items

Items that are listed on Housing and Residence Life website as not approved items will be confiscated by HRL staff and an incident report will be filed. Residents will be notified of this violation and will have 10 business days to retrieve these items from their building staff. These items will need to be placed in a vehicle or taken home and not returned to the residential space. If the student does not pick the items up within the 10-day window, the items will be disposed of or donated.

Handling Fees for Abandoned or Lost Property

Handling Fees are assessed based on “armloads”. The Logistics Team member must document how many “armloads” it takes to remove items. If an item takes two people to move, it is considered 2 armloads.

Student Retrieval of Boxed Belongings

If a student feels that they have abandoned, lost, or confiscated possessions that are in the storage of the Housing and Residence Life Department, they can do the following to retrieve these items.

  • Use the Current Resident Help Request Form and select “Property Retrieval” as the Topic Type.
  • Email at with the following information.
  • Student name and ID.
  • Former building and room information
  • Possible description of items that were left.
  • Call the UWG Housing Office at (678) 839-6426


Housing Contract, Requirements, Waivers, and Rates

Housing Contract

Contract Terms & Agreement 2021-2022 (PDF, 95K)

  • In Arbor View, each room is labeled with a letter (A, B, C, D). You can request which bedroom you want when you submit your contract.
  • In University Suites, the rooms are labeled as A or B. You can request which bedroom you want when you submit your contract.


Yes. As you are filling out your housing contract, you will have the opportunity to choose the residence hall, wing, floor, room, and bed you would like to be in.

  • Yes, you will pay the $150.00 (first-year) or $50.00 (upperclassmen or transfer) non-refundable application fee to complete your housing application.
  • You can pay this fee with all major debit/credit cards and electronic checks.


  • To request a cancellation of your housing contract, please send an email to
  • Please indicate the Academic Year and semester for which you want to cancel your housing contract and the reason for the cancellation.
  • Once all required cancellation information is received, your request will be reviewed by the Cancellations Committee and most requests will receive a response within 10 business days via your student email address.

For a list of deadlines and fees, please see Cancellation Policies and Procedures.

Contracts with Housing and Residence Life are legally binding for the academic year. Students with a signed housing contract who want to terminate their contract must email Housing and Residence Life at

Notification of the decision will be sent to the contract holder's University email account. All decisions of the Housing Appeals Committee will be final. Parents are not able to cancel a contract on their student's behalf. The email must come from the student's university email account.

For a list of deadlines and fees, please see Cancellation Policies and Procedures.

Students who wish to request to terminate their housing contract must send an email to

This information should include the student's name, student ID number, and their reasoning for the cancellation request. This is the student's opportunity to provide all documented reasons and rationale for their contract.

Once this email is received, this information is sent on to the Housing Contract committee for review. Please note that requesting to cancel your contract does not guarantee a cancellation of your housing contract. Students may be held financially responsible for a portion of the contract and room fees.

Please refer to the Housing and Residence Life Contract (PDF, 172K) for more information.

Students who are not enrolled in classes are not allowed to live on campus.

You will be notified by the Department of Housing and Residence Life via email and asked to check out of your assignment within 24 hours of the notification.

If your classes are reinstated, documentation from the Registrar’s Office will be required to remain a resident in the halls.

Students who fail to move within the specified time period designated on the room change instruction form, or move without notifying the Department of Housing and Residence Life are billed a $50 improper room change fee.

Your housing charges will be included in your university bill.

There are no surprise charges! Services such as high-speed wireless internet, water, electricity, a fully furnished room, common facilities issues are also included, like changing out light bulbs, along with other extra services.


Housing Requirements

All First-Time in College Students are required to live on campus until completion of two (2) semesters of residency (Fall/Spring or Spring/Fall) and participate in a freshman meal plan both semesters unless they are eligible for a Residency Requirement Waiver.

For more information, visit the Residency Requirements Page.

There are exceptions to the first-year residency requirement.

For a full list of exemption eligibility and further information, please visit our Residency Requirements page.


Housing Waiver

When will I receive an email on the status of my Housing Waiver?

Processing time for waivers can vary depending on the volume for that time of year. Please allow a minimum of four weeks for our staff to complete the process and email you.


Housing Rates

You can visit our Housing Rates page to see all of the latest rates for all of our housing options.

Should you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at (678) 839-6426 or

It depends if you receive Hope, that will pay for your tuition only if you receive the Pell Grant that can help cover all other charges. However, if you take out your student loans that would cover your Housing costs. Otherwise, the remaining fees not covered by Hope and/or Pell would be out of pocket expenses.

For additional assistance, you can reach the Financial Aid Department at (678) 839-6421 or at


No, however as many of the floors in most residence halls are co-educational, there is the option for members of the opposite sex to be neighbors.

Yes, the video will show you how to do so in the application.

Contact your roommate through their UWG email to coordinate who is bringing what to your room and to get to know them.

  1. Contact your Resident Assistant (RA) on your hall.
  2. Refer to your Roommate Agreement you completed at the beginning of the semester.
  3. If your RA is not able to help you, are welcome to contact your Residence Life Coordinator.

We have room swap events that Housing and Residence Life hosts in the fall and spring. Be sure to check your email for when these events take place.

No, but if there is a change from a lower rent structure to a higher rent structure (or vice versa), the pro-rated cost of the room will increase (or decrease).

Hall and Room Amenities

Room Amenities

You can find this information on each residence hall web page under the Features and Amenities tab.

All rooms include the following for each resident assigned to a room:

  • (1) XL twin mattress and bed
  • (1) Dresser
  • (1) Nightstand
  • (1) Desk
  • (1) Chair
  • (1) Wardrobe or closet

You can find this information on each residence hall web page under the Features and Amenities tab.

You can find this information on each residence hall web page under the Features and Amenities tab.

Housing and Residence Life is excited to announce that Xfinity® will manage our WiFi, giving our Wolves increased symmetrical speeds and no restrictions on devices that you can bring to campus and connect to the network. Visit our Cable TV, WiFi, and Smart Devices page.

No, there is not a local telephone in each room.


Complimentary Laundry

In every Residence Hall, we provide at least one Laundry Room.

Laundry is a complimentary amenity for all on-campus residents. You can download the Speed Queen app (PDF, 1.9M) to get notified about your laundry. Also, check out our Do's and Don'ts (PDF, 4.4M) for using our facilities.

Housing Communities

Greek Life


  • With approval, a member of a Greek organization can live in the Greek house
  • The student must meet a GPA requirement, specific to each organization
  • Student must have permission from the organization.
  • Student must be free and clear of any outstanding conduct issues.



Living Learning Communities

What Living-Learning Communities are available?

Created to promote community for students with similar interests or goals, LLCs feature programming specifically tailored to their population. Learn more about our Living-Learning Communities.

Living-Learning Communities 2021-2022

  • The Oaks will house the Honors College LLC.
  • Bowdon Hall will house the Music LLC.
  • Center Pointe Suites will house the WOW (Ways of the Wolf) LLC.
  • University Suites will house the uwGaming & eSports LLC.

Campus Services


Beginning Spring 2021, all residents will be able to park in residential parking lots nearest their residence hall, without the need for a waiver. Residents must park in legal, resident-assigned spaces in the East, West, or Open Lots according to their parking hangtag specification. All cars should park on the main campus, as there is no weekend shuttle service to the stadium.

For parking maps and information, check out the Parking and Transportation page.

Go to the Parking and Transportation Online Portal and log in to order your permit.

Once you have completed the registration process, visit the Parking Office in the University Community Center (UCC) Room 311 to pick up your hangtag.


Meal Plans

  • All First Time in College students are required to live on campus and purchase a meal plan for the first two semesters unless they meet one of the qualifications for exemption from the Residency Requirement.
  • First-year meal plan options: All Access, Wolves, and Basic.
  • View the Dine West Meal Plans page for additional information.


  • Enjoy all-you-care-to-eat meals at East Commons and Z-6 Dining Halls.
  • Retail dining options include, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, and more.
  • Pack Shacks are convenience stores located across campus: Center Pointe Suites, TLC, and East Commons.

Learn more on the Dining Halls and Retail Locations pages.


Mail and Package Delivery


If you plan to have packages or mail delivered to campus you'll need a PO Box. Fill out the card in your room with your information and bring it to Mail Services on the 2nd floor of the University Community Center (UCC) in exchange for a key to your PO Box. This PO Box number will be yours throughout your college career.

Mail should be addressed to:

*Your Name*
PO Box (5 digits)
Carrollton GA 30118


*Your Name*
1601 Maple Street, APT (5 digit PO Box Number)
Carrollton, GA 30118

You can find your 5 digit number by using your UWG credentials to log into your MyUWG account.

  1. Click on the BanWeb tab
  2. Click on Personal Info
  3. View Addresses

Housing Access, Resident Assistants, and Safety

Resident Hall and Room Access

You can gain access with an electronic key or a hard metal key, depending on the door.

  • Contact the Service Desk in your residence hall
  • Contact ResSTAR, located in the lobby of the bottom floor of East Commons, (678) 839-4718


No. You will need to turn your current key to the Department of Housing and Residence Life. You will be required to show your student ID to receive your new key. Please note for security purposes; each roommate must be present to turn in their old key and accept their new key.


Resident Assistants (RA's)

A Resident Assistant (RA) is assigned to your residence hall floor and is a great resource you can utilize.

Your RA will assist you as you acclimate to residence hall living, including roommate issues, finding your way around campus, meeting new friends, and any personal matters. They will address your concerns and bring in further assistance if needed.

  • An RA can be found throughout the day at your residence hall’s Service Desk.
  • RAs often have their contact information and office hours outside of their rooms or bulletin boards in their halls.
  • If your floor RA is not on duty, please contact our 24-hour housing response service, ResStar, at (678) 839-4718. ResStar will send an RA to aid in your situation.



Campus Safety

At the University of West Georgia, we are protected by a 24/7/365 University Police Department, which is committed to supporting the mission of the University through innovative methods in crime detection and prevention so that the students, faculty, and staff of the university community can thrive and succeed.

The campus is well-lit, and a security guard patrols the parking lots at night. Inside the residence halls, residents are protected by multiple layers of card access technology, including a staffed front desk in every building. Residence Life staff performs walkthroughs in each building numerous times each day to check for any issues. ResSTAR is Housing's community safety and security program and is available to students 24/7 to help resolve issues like noise complaints and roommate disputes.

Students also have tools available to them to keep themselves safe. We encourage all students to keep their room door locked and to make sure it is secure when they leave their room. Additionally, if students choose to bring a bicycle to campus, they will also want to bring a sturdy U-Bolt type bike lock.

Every student should download the LiveSafe app on their cell phone: it features a one-button call to University Police, a "watch me walk" feature, and a way to send a tip in anonymously. LiveSafe is also the tool that the University uses to send out important safety alerts and school closures.

Strozier's Pet Community

A pet-friendly community allows for cats or dogs to reside with their owner.

At UWG this community is located in Strozier.

A student residing in a pet-friendly community is permitted to have one pet only.

The types of pets that will be permitted are: dogs, domestic cats as well as the typical fish in a 10-gallon tank or less.

No, a student does not have to have a pet in order to live in a pet-friendly community.

We welcome residents who want to reside in a community with just as many pets as students.

Students apply to live in the pet-friendly community by completing the application form below.

UWG 2021-2022 Pet-Friendly Community Application Form

Space in pet-friendly communities is limited and placement is not guaranteed.

Once the pet-friendly communities are full, interested students can still complete the application form and will be placed on a waitlist

Before your pet can move into the pet-friendly community, you must pay the applicable fee:

$200 Non-refundable Annual Fee

Students are welcome to apply to live in a pet-friendly community after the academic year has begun; however, space is limited and might not be available.

Yes. Students who live in a pet-friendly community must re-apply to live there each academic year.

Strozier Hall is a 12-month facility and students can reside here in their same assignment through their entire term at UWG.

Approved pets are restricted to the pet owner’s residence hall room and are not permitted in common areas of the building, other student rooms, or any other building or area on campus. They are also not permitted to ride on university transportation.

Additionally, pets are not allowed to roam outside of the pet owner’s room, within the residence hall, or on the grounds. When a pet needs to go outside, it must be on a leash, harness, or another tether and the owner is responsible for picking up the animal’s waste and appropriately disposing of it immediately in the area designated by Housing and Residence Life.

Only pets approved by Housing and Residence Life to live in our designated pet-friendly community are permitted.

No other pet or animal is allowed in university housing.

Any student who has a concern regarding a pet residing on campus should report that concern to a ResSTAR at (678) 839-4718.

Complaints about pets will be investigated by HRL, UPD, and our Office of Community Standards, if necessary.

Any complaints about pets or suspected violations of the Residential Life Pet-Friendly Community Agreement will be investigated by HRL, UPD, and our Office of Community Standards if necessary, with possible sanctions imposed if violations are found.