Elements is West Georgia Outdoors' ultimate first-year experience. This new student outdoor program is designed to combine an introduction to the college experience with outdoor recreation, adventure and friendship. After moving in early, students will embark on a five-day adventure before the start of the fall semester to some of the Southeast's most scenic outdoor destinations.
Each trip will have several exciting components throughout the program to keep groups engaged and challenged. Groups will consist of seven student participants and two outdoor program trip leaders to create a family-like atmosphere. Throughout the week, groups will rotate and have opportunities to participate in all the activities listed below.
- Waterfall Trekking
Benefits of Program
- Multiple days of outdoor adventures (5 days & nights)
- Move into residence halls earlier than other first-year students
- Establish friendships before first day of classes
- Create lasting memories and experiences
- Travel to some of the Southeast's wild and scenic outdoor destinations, trails, and rivers
- Experience a taste of what University Recreation offers
ELEMENTS 2018 Program Information
- Application: May 31 - June 30, 2018
- Early move-in: August 5, 2018
- Dates of trip: August 5 - 11, 2018
- Price: $150 (includes early move-in, meals, gear, transportation, instruction, adventure)
- Skill Level: Beginner (no prior experience otherwise)
Timeline of Trip Activities
- August 5: Early Move-In
- August 6: Trips Depart UWG
- August 6-10: Backpack, Camp, Paddle, Zipline, Have Fun
- August 11: Trips Return to UWG by Noon
For more information, contact Travis Roy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-839-3084.