The University of West Georgia, based on guidance from the USG now and in the future, plans to open its campus for all employees and students for the Spring 2021 term. The information listed in UWG’s Return to Work Plan describes UWG’s method for bringing everyone back to campus in a safe and responsible manner. University Recreation has specifically outlined a detailed plan for maintaining patrons' safety throughout all facility operations and program offerings on our UREC Spring 2021 Operations page.
Effective July 15, 2020, University System of Georgia institutions, including the University of West Georgia, will require all faculty, staff, students, and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities/buildings where six feet social distancing may not always be possible. Face covering use will be in addition to and is not a substitute for social distancing.
Face coverings are not required in campus outdoor settings where social distancing requirements are met. Anyone not using a face covering when required will be asked to wear one or must leave the area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are unable to wear a face covering for documented health reasons.
Reservation Tier Breakdown
Reservations for Spring/Summer 2021 are open to all tiers.
Campus Center Reservations for Aug. 1 - Dec. 10, 2021
Begin reserving space for Fall 2021 on January 12, 2021
Begin reserving space for Fall 2021 on February 2, 2021
Begin reserving space for Fall 2021 on February 23, 2021
- Presidential or Vice Presidential endorsed campus-wide events
- Student orgs or departments housed in the Campus Center
- Complex events coordinated by non-UWG affiliated groups that require substantial advanced planning who must have a request submitted and approved by the Director of University Recreation
- All UWG registered student organizations (must be the president or vice-president doing the reservation)
- These student organizations must be registered through the Center for Student Involvement
- All UWG departments and university-affiliated groups
- All non-UWG affiliated groups or individuals. Please note that all external 3rd party reservations have been put on hold temporarily until further notice.
Reservable Space Capacities
Spring 2021 Operations
- The ballroom will be available on a limited basis due to priortization for academics
- The ballroom, meeting rooms, and outdoor spaces will remain open for reservations on a limited basis. Capacities will be limited to adhere to physical distancing guidelines. Please view the above outline for capacity numbers for each reservable space dependent on room set-up
- When making reservations for the Campus Center, please put an accurate estimate of attendance in the reservation form. If the amount of patrons exceeds the max capacity, you will be asked to reduce the number of attendees, conduct a virtual event, or find a larger space on campus that accomodates your attendance capacity. Events may be canceled if the max capacity is exceeded
- The back gym will be unavailable for reservation requests
- The front and back patio will remain open for events, but 6 ft physical distancing must be maintained
- Reservations can still be done through westga.edu/reservewest
Events Cleaning Procedures
Event staff will clean and disinfect all equipment in the ballroom and meeting spaces including but not limited to chairs, tables, mics, laptops, etc. before and after each event.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-839-5500.