The Olympic weightlifting platforms are a highly-regulated space where UWG students, faculty, and staff may perform Olympic lifts after demonstrating proper safety comprehension of each lift. Individuals must be approved by UREC prior to performing Olympic lifts.
Olympic Lifting 101
The goal of this program is to educate participants on the sport of Olympic Lifting and teach training techniques designed to improve the "snatch" and "clean & jerk". There will be no cost for the program, but it will cap at 8 people.
- Registration: Jan. 6 - Jan. 22
- Program: Jan. 23 - Feb. 15
- Cost: FREE
- Meeting Times: Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Meeting Location: Group Fitness Studio 2
Register online at myrec.westga.edu.
Olympic Lifting Test-Outs
Become approved to perform Olympic lifts on our designated platforms by appointment with Drew Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Arrive to the platform at least 5 minutes prior to your test-out time. Each appointment will last approximately 15 minutes. Individuals wishing to perform Olympic lifts will be required to demonstrate all of the following lifts during the appointment.
Olympic Platform Regulations
- Olympic lifting on the platforms is restricted to patrons who are approved by University Recreation staff
- Patrons must visibly display the designated Olympic lfiting tag when performing Olympic lifts. Tags are non-transferable and must be checked out individually at the fitness desk
- Only one person is allowed on the platform at a time
- No spotting should be performed outside of the rack
- Bumper plates must be used at all times
- Weightlifting specific footwear is encouraged
- Patrons are expected to clean up after themselves
LIFTERS MUST DEMONSTRATE ALL LIFTS TO THE SATISFACTORY LEVEL LISTED UNDER EACH LIFT BELOW TO BE CONSIDERED APPROVED.
For more information, contact Drew Powell at email@example.com.