University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Current UREC Student Positions
- Business Operations: Administration Assistant
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Specialist, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Facility Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Photographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant (Climbing Wall and WGO Rental Center), WGO Supervisor and Trip Leader, WGO Manager and Trip Leader
Currently Hiring For:
- Facility Assistants
- Facility Technicians
- Event Assistants
- Fitness Specialists: Personal Trainers
- Fitness Specialists: Group Fitness Instructors
- Marketing Assistants
- Intramural Sports Officials
Work Where You Play: Recruitment Informations Sessions
Attend one of our four employment info sessions to find out more about working for UREC. Bring a cover letter and resume for additional guidance.
- April 9 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the Front Basketball Courts
- April 9 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the Front Basketball Courts
- April 10 from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. in the Front Basketball Courts
- April 10 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the Front Basketball Courts
Please click to search for current student job openings at UWG.
Graduate Assistants 2017 - 2018University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Student Development, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Recreation designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Anticipated start date: July 30, 2018
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found here: UWG Graduate School
Graduate Assistant positions for the 2018-2019 school year:
Click to submit your graduate assistant application form.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled