University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Current UREC Student Positions
- Business Operations: Administration Assistant
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Specialist, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer, Program Assistant, Lead Supervisor
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Facility Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Photographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor, Lead Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant (Climbing Wall and WGO Rental Center), WGO Supervisor and Trip Leader, WGO Manager and Trip Leader
Currently Hiring For:
- We are not currently hiring for any undergraduate positions. Check back with us toward the end of the Fall semester.
Graduate Assistants 2018 - 2019
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Student Development, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Recreation designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found on the UWG Graduate School website.
Anticipated start date: July 30, 2019
Graduate Assistant positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Competitive Sports - Job Description / Apply
- Event Operations - Job Description / Apply
- Fitness and Wellness - Job Description / Apply
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-839-5500.