University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Student Employment Application Form - Coming Soon
Current UREC Student Positions (2016-2017)
- Business Operations: Administration Assistant
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Attendant, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Facility Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Social Media Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant, WGO Climbing Wall Supervisor, WGO Rental Center Supervisor, WGO Trip Leader
CURRENTLY HIRING FOR:
- Administrative Assistant | Facilities | $7.25
- Facility Assistant | Facilities | $7.25
- Events Assistant | Events | $7.50
- Group Fitness Specialist | FitWell | $8.00
- Personal Trainer | FitWell | $10.00
- West Georgia Outdoors Student Assistant | WGO | $7.25
- Intramural Sports Official | Competitive Sports | $7.25
Please click here to search for current student job openings at UWG
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Student Development, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Education designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Anticipated start date: July 30, 2018
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application
information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found here:
UWG Graduate School
Please click here to submit your online application.