University Recreation is one of the largest employers of students on campus. We continue to seek students who are enthusiastic and dedicated, and exemplify professionalism, responsibility and initiative. UREC student employees benefit from an engaging and supportive work environment, where students can gain professional experiences and vital career development skills regardless of their career path.
Student Employment Application Form - Coming Soon
Current UREC Student Positions (2016-2017)
- Business Operations: Administration Assistant
- Intramural Sports: Officials, Program Assistants, IM Sports Manager
- Fitness and Wellness: Fitness Attendant, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
- Facility Operations: Facility Assistant, Facility Technician, Facility Supervisor, Facility Manager
- Marketing: Marketing Assistant, Social Media Assistant, Graphic Designer, Videographer
- Events: Reservation Assistant, Event Assistant, Event Supervisor
- West Georgia Outdoors: WGO Assistant, WGO Climbing Wall Supervisor, WGO Rental Center Supervisor, WGO Trip Leader
We are now hiring for these following positions:
- Admin Assistant: provide exemplary customer service, sell memberships & packages, provide general UREC information, field all questions via phone and in-person
- Event assistant: set up and tear down events and assist with all event needs during events including A/V management
- Reservation assistant: process large number reservation requests, input scheduling, follow up with groups/event inquries, provide assistance with logistics & reporting
- Facility assistant: monitor access and safety of all activities on fitness floor, checks out equipment, monitors game room
- Fitness Specialist: students interested in working as group fitness instructors and personal trainers apply for this position- will work as GF or PT upon completion of this training program and nationally recognized certification.
- IM Official: officiate intramural games by learning and enforcing all rules, policies and procedures of sports
- Marketing: (starts Fall 2017)
- Graphic Designer: primary designer for all print and digitial marketing materials, adhere to brand guidelines and marketing request forms, edit photographs and assist with digital signage
- Outdoor Education:
- Student Assistant: oversees the climbing wall and outdoor recreation center (equipment rental)
Please click here to search for current student job openings at UWG
UREC RECRUITMENT INFORMATION SESSIONS:
- April 4 at 6 p.m. in CC 108.1
- April 5 at 7 p.m. in CC 108.3
University Recreation at the University of West Georgia awards graduate assistantships in Competitive Sports, Event Operations, Facility Operations, Fitness and Wellness and Outdoor Education designed to provide practical experience and develop exceptional leaders in their field.
Assistantships are 9.5 month appointments with a stipend of $7,600 in addition to full tuition provided with the option to continue work from May - July. Additional funds are allotted each year for professional development opportunities.
Offers are contingent upon acceptance into a graduate program at UWG. Application
information and deadlines for the graduate programs may be found here:
UWG Graduate School
University Recreation graduate assistant positions for the 2017-2018 school year have all currently been filled.