Forms to Request a Wolves Card
To obtain your UWG Wolves Card, please follow these steps:
All students, faculty and staff members can now obtain their official Wolves Card by submitting their photo online prior to coming to campus.
As always, thank you for allowing the Wolves Card Office to service your needs and feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for future assistance with the Wolves Card, Meal Plans, BankMobile and Reservations.
- Bring a valid photo identification document (i.e., driver’s license, state or government issued ID, passport or military ID)
- The Wolves Card Office is located on the 3rd floor of the University Community Center.
- Complete the Wolves Card Request Submission Form.
- Upload a current head-shot photo (800 x 600 pixels) of yourself per the guidelines from the submission form link. Photo submission should be similar to a "passport" photo with a solid background only. There should be no images, landscapes, or structures in the background. Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
Additional details on the acceptable photo type submissions are below.
- Wait for an email notification of your photo approval or rejection.
- You are done!
- Same-day pickup or mailing is available for approved submissions. For after-hours pickup, students with a campus P.O. Box may also request to have their printed I.D.'s sent to Mail Services.
- Mailed I.D.'s: Please allow up to 3-5 business days due to volume and US Postal Mail schedules.
- Make sure the mailing address listed on your submission form is correct. The Wolves Card Office is not responsible for I.D.'s that are delayed, damaged, undeliverable, or returned by the post office. A $20 replacement fee will be accessed for all lost I.D.'s.
Your Wolves Card will stay active as long as you are enrolled with the University of West Georgia.
Guidelines for ID photos
- You can use a digital camera or a scanned photograph as long as the picture is clear.
- Pictures should be taken from a 3-foot distance in front of a SOLID background (preferably white or blue) and include the head and upper-torso facing the camera. Do not use a close-up of just your face. No hats, hair wraps, or sunglasses are permissible in the photo.
- All pictures should be saved in PNG or JPG format (size: 800x600 pixels) using your 9-digit student number as the file name (i.e., 917123456.png, 91712356.jpg)
- Do not upload copyright photos (those made by a professional photographer).
- Submitted photos are subject to approval by the Wolves Card Office and may be returned if not approved.
- The Wolves Card Office can NOT accept photos that are mailed via the US Postal Service; all photos must be submitted electronically per the above guidelines.
- View this tutorial on resizing images. If you need assistance, many photo centers (like the ones at Staples) can scan and resize photos for you.
Additional Photo Guidelines:
- Must be a full-color photo/headshot
- No black & white photos accepted
- High-resolution photo (cannot be blurry, grainy, pixelated, distorted, or stretched)
- Solid background Only (preferably a solid color BLUE, GRAY, RED or WHITE wall or curtain)
- No social media pictures or selfies
- No hats, bibs, visors, or wave caps
- No facial obstructions
- No obstructions, building structures, or images in the background
- Head and shoulders must face forward with eyes wide
- Head/face cannot be chopped off on either side
- Head must be straight and not tilted or turned
- No glare on glasses (eyes must be visible)
- No pets or animals in view
- No pictures from driving in a car
- No outdoor/landscape photos