Best of the West
2014-2015 Academic Year
Identify, develop and implement awards and recognition processes and events to celebrate outstanding contributions to the success of UWG.
Promote employee engagement and recognize individuals who are demonstrating behaviors that embrace the strategic plan and represent University values.
● To recognize and promote positive relationships and behavior patterns supportive of individual, team, departmental, or institutional priorities and goals;
● To provide timely recognition to employees through immediate or planned recognition;
● To provide various types and levels of recognition based on the significance and impact of contribution;
● To provide both supervisor and employee initiated rewards;
● To inform supervisors and faculty about the variety of monetary and non-monetary reward options available to recognize an outstanding employee.
End of Year Celebration
Goal/Objective: To celebrate the accomplishments and milestones of 2014/2015 academic year, to recognize outstanding achievement at the divisional and university level and award years of service pins.
Diane Homesley, Executive Director of Development, Co-Chair
Dr. Laurie Jowers Ware, Associate Dean & Professor THS SON, Co-Chair
Ketty Ballard, Associate Director - Recruiting, Admissions
Dr. Leslie Cottrell, Director of Health Services
Jennifer Heidorn, Instructor – Early Childhood Education, College of Education
Dr. Tom Jennings, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, College of Social Sciences
Sarah Jones, Assistant Director of 1st Year Experience & Ignite
Brian McCrary, Assistant Director ITS
Clint Samples, Associate Professor & Associate Chair Art, College of Arts and Humanities
Elizabeth Smith, Associate Director Auxiliary Services
Nikki Henderson, Data Coordinator Richards College of Business
April Saunders, Director of Creative Services, University Communications & Marketing
Dr. S. Swamy Mruthinti, Associate Dean College of Science & Mathematics