An off-cycle check can be issued for one of following reasons:
- Notification from ADP/Shared Services indicating that an employee’s direct deposit has been rejected.
- Payroll has to pull back a direct deposit due to an overpayment.
- Employee has not received their physical paycheck in the mail. THE STOP PAYMENT PROCEDURE WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO IN THIS INSTANCE.
- An employee has not received a check on the designated pay date due to no fault of their own.
- All of an employee’s hours worked were not submitted, the amount of time not recorded amounts to $50 or greater and has been approved by the supervisor, and an off-cycle check has been requested by the employee.
- Refund of benefit premiums.
- Pay rate is incorrect and the gross amount of underpayment is a minimum of $50.00 and an off-cycle check has been requested by the employee. Otherwise the amount of underpayment will be included on the next regular pay check.
All requests for off-cycle checks must be sent by email to email@example.com. We will strive to ensure they are included in the next off-cycle run. All off-cycle checks are physical checks and are not direct deposit. Please contact payroll services at 678-839-6403 with additional questions.
The schedule for processing off-cycle checks will be as follows:
- Bi-weekly/Student employees: Off-cycle checks must be requested no later than Wednesday following the regularly scheduled pay date by 4 PM and will be issued by Friday of that same week. Request not made during this time frame will be included in the next regular pay check.
- Monthly employees: Off-cycle checks must be requested within 3 business days of the regularly scheduled pay date by 4 PM and will be issued within 5 business days following the pay date.
Note: The Assistant Director of Human Resources must approve any deviations from the above issuance guidelines and pay schedule. Off-cycle requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and are not intended to replace regular payroll procedure. Please strive to ensure that all employee information is entered in a timely and accurate manner.
Checks will be re-issued for one of the following reasons:
- Payroll receives notification from ADP/Shared Services that the employee’s direct deposit has been rejected. Direct deposit rejects will be issues by either payroll or accounting depending upon the circumstances. Payroll will be the direct contact.
- Payroll has to “pull back” or place a stop payment on an employee’s pay check due to an overpayment. This “pull back” can only be completed within 5 business days of the direct deposit. All funds MUST be available for funds to be “pulled back”. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the situation. Please refer to the Stop Payment procedure for more details.
- Employee has not received their paycheck in the mail. Please refer to the Stop Payment procedure for more details.
Reissued checks will either be processed as off-cycle checks or as vendor checks issued from accounting.
Recalling of a direct deposit can only be done within 5 business days of the pay check date. All funds must be available in the account to recall a direct deposit. Payroll will have to be contacted and given a detailed reason for the request. Payroll can be contacted at 678-839-6403 or an email can be sent to email@example.com.
If payroll has to recall a direct deposit, the institution must receive notification that the funds have been credited back to UWG’s account before a replacement check can be issued. A replacement check will then be scheduled on the next off-cycle check processing date. Please refer to the schedule outlined in the Off-Cycle Check Issuance procedure.
Stop payments on actual checks that have not been received in the mail can be initiated after the 5th business day waiting period has expired. Stop payments will be initiated by the end of the business day after this waiting period has expired. Stop payments will be issued on destroyed and/or mutilated checks immediately upon presentation of any available remnant of the original check.
Payroll will have to be contacted and given a detailed reason for the request. Payroll can be contacted at 678-839-6403 or an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the stop payment has been issued, the employee’s check will be re-issued through accounting and will require the employee to complete a vendor profile form and a W-9. Check requests cannot be processed without an active vendor profile and W-9 on file. Total time for this procedure may exceed 10 business days.