TAP Information—Fall 2020
For eligible employees planning to participate in the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) during the Fall 2020 semester, please note that the TAP application deadline is July 15, 2020.
The TAP form can be printed from here .
Please make sure your form is completely and accurately filled out to avoid any problems and make sure to list your student ID number at the institution you plan on attending/are attending.
It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that the TAP form is sent to the TAP Administrator by the deadline.
TAP participants will register for approved courses online via their BanWeb account. Participants may register for approved courses online in BanWeb beginning on July 31, 2020 through the last day of drop/add. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that they register for the courses they were approved for under TAP. The UWG Registrar’s Office can assist participants with any problems encountered with registration.
Please remember that TAP participants must go through the regular student admissions process, if not currently admitted. The Undergraduate Admissions Office and the appropriate Graduate Admissions areas have application and document deadline dates for each semester. Please contact the applicable office for their deadlines and requirements.
Participants of TAP are subject to the following as per Board of Regents Policy 4.3.4:
All accepted applicants to any of Georgia's public colleges or universities for the Fall 2011 semester and each academic semester thereafter must provide verification of residency and lawful presence in both the State of Georgia and the United States.
United States citizens and permanent residents who seek to be classified as in-state for tuition paying purposes may verify their lawful presence in two different ways:
- Successfully submit a FAFSA
- Submit a document from the list below. Please note, we will currently accept copies of all documents except the certified U.S. birth certificate. For instructions on ordering a certified U.S. birth certificate visit http://www.vitalchek.com
You may send your document(s) via the US postal service, email, fax to 678-839-4747, or bring them directly to the Office of Admissions. They are located at:
Admissions / Murphy Building
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, GA 30118
Acceptable Documents (must be current and valid):
- Driver’s License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
- ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. *A photocopy is not acceptable unless it is made by our staff from the certified copy
- U.S. Passport
- Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- Military ID (for service member only, not dependent)
For students who have not provided one of the above documents and seek to be classified for in-state tuition, UWG is currently required to verify lawful presence with one of the following methods:
- Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program if you do not have a current F or J Visa
- SEVIS for non-citizens possessing an F or J Visa
For questions regarding the verification process, please call 678-839-5600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may access the Tuition Assistance Policy at http://www.westga.edu/hrpay/index_2452.php. Participants should familiarize themselves with the TAP policy.
Please contact the Human Resources office if you have questions.