2022 International Festival
Details To Be Announced
International Festival 2021! | "UWG Olympics!" | Held March 2-3, 2021
A celebration of global education, international and multi-cultural students, staff and faculty at UWG.
Student Clubs and Organizations Presentations
- Student Government Association
- International Student Club
- Circle K
- Black Student Alliance
- Latino Cultural Society
- United Voices
- Office of Education Abroad
- Auxiliary Services
- International Student Admissions & Programs
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Special Food in Z6
- Caribbean Power Bowl / Buddha Bowl with Plantains and Yucca options
- Falafel on Pita with all the trimmings
- Tortillas and Mexican Lasagna
- Taco Pizza
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Tres Leches dessert and more!
March 2nd, 2021
- Opening Ceremony Recording: 11:00am, Z6 Dining Hall (in person) + Live Stream.
- Welcome by SGA President, Khareem Leslie and Remarks by Dr. Justin Barlow, AVP for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Tribute to Sylvia Shortt (video 4m 30s), Olympic Opening Ceremonies since 1908 Video Montage (4m 30s)
- Performance of "Esta Tierra" (This Earth) and "Chiribim Chiribom" a Yiddish Folk Song, by the UWG Chamber singers, directed by Karen Graffius.
- International Student Panel Recording: 12:00 - 12:30PM EST (Live stream concluded)
- African Head Ties with Ms. Doris (video): 1:00PM EST (Live stream concluded)
- Reyko LIVE (PDF, 2,2M): 2:00PM - 3:30PM EST (a Spanish "Electropop Duo" based in London). Presented by the Spanish Embassy in the U.S. (Live stream concluded)
Sponsored by: UWG Theatre Company 2020-2021 Season, International Languages and Cultures, Music, Art, and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
March 3rd, 2021
- Culture Through Cuisine LIVE in Z6 Cafeteria Only: 12:15PM - 1:00PM. Kala (Blackeyed pea fritters from Curacao) prepared by UWG International student, Henna Narang and Chef Jason
- Spanish Poetry Reading: (PDF, 557M) Pre-recorded and viewable anytime.
- Click link above and download to personal device (Flash Player required).
- Play slides at your convenience.
- For follow up questions about the readings, feel free to email: Dr. Karen Dollinger / email@example.com
- International Folklore: 2:15PM EST *Youtube videos can be viewed anytime at the links below: (Live stream concluded)
- Dr. Anca Koczkas and Dr. Ana Zapata-Calle explain some objects from Spanish Folklore (video)
- The Passion of Andalucia (video), Director: Brandon Li (2019)
- Dr. Lama Farran and her students present:
- Dr. Laura Wolfe presents History of Irish Dance
- UWG International Festival Folklore Panel 3:30pm EST (Live stream concluded)
For follow up questions about these videos, feel free to email: Dr. Anca Koczkas / firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Ana Zapata-Calle / email@example.com for Spanish Folklore, Dr. Lama Farran / firstname.lastname@example.org for Lebanese Dabke, or Dr. Laura Wolfe / email@example.com for History of Irish Dance.
- French Film: Varda par Agnès (Varda by Agnès). Presented by UWG's International Languages and Cultures. On Demand March 3rd - 10th.
- French Film: Ne Croyez Surtout Pas que Je Hurle (Don't Just Think I'll Scream). On Demand February 27th - March 5th.
Please give us your feedback.
We ask that you complete this short survey to provide feedback on the festival this year. Thank you!