2022 International Festival
Details To Be Announced
International Festival 2021! | "UWG Olympics!" | Held March 2-3, 2021
A celebration of global education, international and multi-cultural students, staff and faculty at UWG.
Tribute to Sylvia Shortt | Donate to the Sylvia Shortt Scholarship | Check out the 2020 International Festival Recap Video
Student Clubs and Organizations Presentations
- Student Government Association
- International Student Club
- Circle K
- Black Student Alliance
- Latino Cultural Society
- United Voices
- Office of Education Abroad
- Auxiliary Services
- International Student Admissions & Programs
- Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Special Food in Z6
- Caribbean Power Bowl / Buddha Bowl with Plantains and Yucca options
- Falafel on Pita with all the trimmings
- Tortillas and Mexican Lasagna
- Taco Pizza
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Tres Leches dessert and more!
March 2nd, 2021
- Opening Ceremony Recording: 11:00am, Z6 Dining Hall (in person) + Live Stream.
- Welcome by SGA President, Khareem Leslie and Remarks by Dr. Justin Barlow, AVP for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Tribute to Sylvia Shortt (video 4m 30s), Olympic Opening Ceremonies since 1908 Video Montage (4m 30s)
- Performance of "Esta Tierra" (This Earth) and "Chiribim Chiribom" a Yiddish Folk Song, by the UWG Chamber singers, directed by Karen Graffius.
- International Student Panel Recording: 12:00 - 12:30PM EST (Live stream concluded)
- African Head Ties with Ms. Doris (video): 1:00PM EST (Live stream concluded)
- Reyko LIVE (PDF, 2,2M): 2:00PM - 3:30PM EST (a Spanish "Electropop Duo" based in London). Presented by the Spanish Embassy in the U.S. (Live stream concluded)
Sponsored by: UWG Theatre Company 2020-2021 Season, International Languages and Cultures, Music, Art, and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
March 3rd, 2021
- Culture Through Cuisine LIVE in Z6 Cafeteria Only: 12:15PM - 1:00PM. Kala (Blackeyed pea fritters from Curacao) prepared by UWG International student, Henna Narang and Chef Jason
- Spanish Poetry Reading: (PDF, 557M) Pre-recorded and viewable anytime.
- Click link above and download to personal device (Flash Player required).
- Play slides at your convenience.
- For follow up questions about the readings, feel free to email: Dr. Karen Dollinger / firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Folklore: 2:15PM EST *Youtube videos can be viewed anytime at the links below: (Live stream concluded)
- Dr. Anca Koczkas and Dr. Ana Zapata-Calle explain some objects from Spanish Folklore (video)
- The Passion of Andalucia (video), Director: Brandon Li (2019)
- Dr. Lama Farran and her students present:
- Dr. Laura Wolfe presents History of Irish Dance
- UWG International Festival Folklore Panel 3:30pm EST (Live stream concluded)
For follow up questions about these videos, feel free to email: Dr. Anca Koczkas / email@example.com or Dr. Ana Zapata-Calle / firstname.lastname@example.org for Spanish Folklore, Dr. Lama Farran / email@example.com for Lebanese Dabke, or Dr. Laura Wolfe / firstname.lastname@example.org for History of Irish Dance.
- French Film: Varda par Agnès (Varda by Agnès). Presented by UWG's International Languages and Cultures. On Demand March 3rd - 10th.
- Please visit their Tournées website for film details and register here to view.
- French Film: Ne Croyez Surtout Pas que Je Hurle (Don't Just Think I'll Scream). On Demand February 27th - March 5th.
- Please visit their Tournées website for details and register here to view.
Please give us your feedback.
We ask that you complete this short survey to provide feedback on the festival this year. Thank you!