ITS will be working closely with UCM to review and improve the accessibility of the University of West Georgia's website. Great improvements to accessibility were made with the launch of our new web design on June 22, 2016 with content migration for over 30,000 web pages and 230 campus web sites completed as of January 10, 2017.
ITS will be responsible for identifying the measures, tools, and processes to achieve compliance with each and every element of the standard. Some of these elements will be the responsibility of content owners to review and implement. Other elements will require ITS Web Innovations to provide web coding solutions.
We look forward to working with UCM to expand the reach and access of our web presence for our students, faculty, staff, and community.
January 28 is Data Privacy Day
Often without realizing it, we work with and carry data with us throughout the work day and at home. We owe it to our students and fellow employees to protect that information from exposure.
Here are a few tips:
- Do not leave your computer screen unlocked when you are not at your desk, and don’t leave paper records exposed on your desk.
- Encrypt thumb drives and other portal media.
- Set a passcode on all of your mobile devices.
- Dispose of data securely when you no longer need it. Use a paper shredder, or Secure Delete for electronic data. Don’t forget to follow record retention rules, too.
- Keep your anti-virus software up to date.
- Understand the rules that govern the data that your department is responsible for protecting. Not all data can be shared freely, even between employees in the same department.
For more information visit: https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/about