Just as almost everyone here at UWG is provided with email, most everyone is also provided with webspace!
This web space is yours and you are free to use it as you wish provided you observe UWG's policies. You should also include the UWG Disclaimer on your site. You can find an example at the following link. https://www.westga.edu/its/website-disclaimer.php
Please see the information below to determine your webspace details.
For Student webpages:
|Username:||UWG ID Username|
|Password:||UWG ID Password|
|Software Needed to Publish:||
FileZilla and WinSCP(Windows only) or other SFTP Software. Adobe Dreamweaver is also compatible.
For FileZilla and WinSCP or other compatible SFTP clients, use one of the following settings (protocols):
|Webspace Limit:||51 MB|
If you are having trouble with uploading files:
- Make sure you have followed instructions carefully.
- There are computer labs on campus including the library with WinSCP software already installed and configured. UWG lab-information
- If you believe your computer is having issues, you can bring it to the SITS office to have it checked for hardware problems, viruses and spyware. UWG SITS
Some things to keep in mind for beginners:
- Your home folder where your page will live is called "public_html" It contains a very plain file called "index.html" This is your website's main page.
- "index.html" is your main landing page. If you are uploading a page titled anything else, ex: "testpage.html", you have to link "testpage.html" from your main landing page in the index.html file. Otherwise, no one will ever know your new page exists!
- If you have deleted or renamed index.html, you will see an error when you attempt to view http://stu.westga.edu/~YourUSERNAME in a browser. Make sure index.html stays, but have fun adding content and links to it!
- There is lots of helpful information on the web about how to create simple HTML code such as inserting text and links into a web page. Here's a helpful example https://html.com/beginners/#How_To_Add_Text_In_HTML