University of West Georgia President Dr. Beheruz N. Sethna was awarded the Multicultural Leadership Award at the Georgia Leadership Conference on Sept. 29. The conference, held by the Georgia Diversity Council, falls under the National Diversity Council.
To be awarded, the recipient must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrates leadership excellence in the public and/or private sectors.
- Sustains a record of accomplishments and/or contributions to field of work throughout scope of his/her career.
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics in community/or high visibility in the community.
- Retains commendable reputation with colleagues and superiors
- Exhibits and demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical standards and professional excellence