Adobe InDesign is the primary layout program our shop uses. Please contact us before you submit a job in another program.
Your electronic files should be accompanied by an up-to-date laser proof, preferably printed at 100%.
- Include all fonts used in your document and only the fonts that are used.
- Collect fonts from the same computer used to create your document.
- PostScript fonts have both screen and printer fonts (two files). Please include both when submitting. OpenType and TrueType have only one file.
- Send the entire family of fonts (e.g. bold, italic, bold italic, etc.)
- If you modify your font using the style palette (e.g. bold, italics, etc.) be certain you have the actual bold or italic font loaded on your system. Otherwise, the application will attempt to modify your font artificially with unexpected results.
- Don’t forget to send us any fonts you have used in eps, ai, psd, and tif files or logos.
- The page dimensions (in your document set-up) should be exactly the same as the final trim size of your piece. Do not build your page elements in the middle of a larger page because your file will not print correctly and will have to be reformatted.
- All outside margins should be consistent so pages will align front to back properly when printed.
- Bleeds should extend a minimum of 1/8" beyond the edge of the page in any direction that should bleed, including background images, rules, or other elements that run off the edge of the page.
- All type and graphics that do not bleed should be a minimum of 1/4" away from the page edge to avoid any trimming errors.
- A tri-fold brochure requires a layout/margin adjustment in order to fold properly. P&P can assist you with this if needed.
- Remove any object or objects not used, instead of turning off that layer.
Images (Photos and Graphics)
- Include all original photo files, graphic files, and illustration files when submitting your job.
- All photos should be saved as jpeg, tif, or psd files. Gifs and pngs are web graphics and will not print correctly.
- All photos should be 300 ppi and sized close to the finished size. Please do not place 72 ppi photos and scale to fit, as this will not print properly and will have to be reformatted.
- Enlarging a small photo more than 15% to 20% will result in loss of resolution and degradation of the image. Web graphics/photos are low res and are not acceptable for printing. If you must use a low res image, you may be asked to sign an agreement saying that you have been informed about the likelihood of low print quality.
- Black and white photos should be saved as grayscale, not RGB or CMYK.
- Color photos/art should be saved as CMYK not RGB.
- Adobe Illustrator images should be saved as CMYK ai, pdf, or eps files.
- For full color printing (four-color), color images/ photos/text should be supplied in the CMYK color space. Please convert all RGB or Lab color swatches to CMYK.
- When designing as four-color, please convert PMS/
spot colors to four-color process equivalents.
- If your job is spot color, create your document using the correct PMS colors. Make sure all placed images/ art are also the correct PMS colors.(A list of the PMS ink colors that we have in stock is available. Special order ink costs about $50 per can.)
- For black and white or grayscale printing, make sure all text is specified as black and not a build of colors, and that all photos and art are saved as grayscale.
- Make sure your file includes only one color space. If you have one job that is color and one that is black and white, create each in a separate file.