Selecting a School
- The College Navigator feature of the National Center for Education Statisticsallows students to estimate the cost of attendance, as well as data regarding other topics in which prospective students may be interested.
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a School is a guide published by the VA that addresses common questions asked by new military-connected students.
- The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment at the University of West Georgia provides data regarding UWG retention and graduation rates.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers a convenient website with student financial guides, tools to compare financial aid offers and tips for repaying student debt. Find these tools and more on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s page, Paying for College.
- The U.S. Department of Education publishes data regarding the default rate of UWG students.
- UWG offers a Net Price Calculator to help students estimate costs of attendance.
DoD and VA Benefits
- The GI Bill Comparison Tool allows military-connected students to see potential benefits in detail, based on chapter benefits and whether or not they will take online courses.
- TA DECIDE is a dynamic information and comparison tool is designed specifically to aid participants of DoD's Tuition Assistance (TA) program in making informed choices on schools and education programs.
- The Center for Adult Learners and Veterans provides a web page to help students understand what they must do to use their DoD and/or VA benefits at UWG.