What Exactly is an Interview?
- How employers evaluate applicants.
- The most popular way to select candidates.
- An opportunity to find out if role and company are a good fit for YOU!
Goals of Interviewing
Types of Interviewing
Describe the situation that you were in. Give enough detail for the interviewer to understand.
Describe the task that you needed to accomplish.
Describe the action you took. Don’t tell what you might do – tell them what you actually did.
What was the result? How did the situation end? What did you accomplish/learn?
How to Handle Illegal Questions
You do not have to reveal any private information that does not relate to your ability to perform on the job. If you don't wish to discuss something that you fear might wrongfully be used against you, then you should tactfully say that question does not relate to your abilities to perform the job.
Examples of Illgeal Questions:
- Are you married?
- Do you have any kids? Are you planning to have any(more)?
- What political party do you belong to?
- Do you have any illnesses we should know about?
- What nationality are you?
- What church do you go to?
- Do you smoke?