A personal statement is an essay, usually under a 1,000 words, which gives a select audience an inside view of your goals and strengths. Personal statements afford you an opportunity to present your personal, educational and professional background while sharing your motivation to pursue an advanced degree — in essence, to tell your story. For help getting started on a personal statement, use the Do's and Don't sheet, Personal Statement Rubric, and examples below. For more help call our office at 678-839-6431 to set up an appointment with one of our Career Specialists.
Sample Personal Statements
- Biology Personal Statement
- Business Personal Statement
- Dental School Personal Statement
- Education Personal Statement
- Psychology Personal Statement
- Public Health MPH Personal Statement