Writing Accomplishment Statements
Before: List of Duties
- Followed up with customers.
- Assisted with coordination of conferences.
- Part of software training team.
- Maintained office equipment.
- Handled bookkeeping for a local retail store.
- Responsible for health promotion efforts.
- Responded to customer inquiries and problems.
- Performed filing and other clerical duties.
- Supervised staff.
After: Accomplishment Statements
- Initiated discussion of new product information during routine follow-up calls with existing customers. Resulting in 20 additional sales the first month and development of an upselling seminar for all customer service representatives
- Negotiated with meeting facilities and monitored expenses to reduce conference costs by 20%.
- Developed a computer-based training program that reduced learner study time by 25% and saved an average of $800 in travel expenses per off-site employee.
- Researched recurring copier problems, and designed a “user instructions” sign which reduced service calls by 50% and decreased copier downtime by 40%.
- Identified preferred vendors and established an approval process for purchasing that reduced incidental expenses by 30%.
- Organized a company-sponsored bike-a-thon which raised over $700,000 for the American Heart Association and involved participation of over 1,000 employee.
- Earned the corporation’s annual “Outstanding Service Provider” award based on feedback from both internal and external customers.
- Reorganized and maintained over 600 technical files, reducing the file search time by an average of three hours weekly.
- Hired, trained, supervised and evaluated two staff in compliance with company policies and procedures.