After you've made an appointment, look below to find some tips on how to make your tutoring session as productive as possible:
Visit SSC-Campus to schedule your tutor appointment. Use your UWG login to access the site.
Appointments must be cancelled 24 hours in advance. You will be unable to make tutoring appointments if you have 2 no-shows or same day cancellations.
- Notes, syllabus, past tests, and quizzes
- Completed homework
- A list of challenging problems and questions you would like to ask your tutor
- Paper, pen, pencil, and/or highlighters
- Tutors will evaluate your study skills and make recommendations to help you become a more efficient student.
- Tutors complement your work, provide you hints, suggestions, etc., but will not replace good honest hard work.
- Tutors will assist you in setting goals.
- Your tutor will help you with challenging problems, but will not do your homework for you.
- Tutors are excellent sources of information regarding resources available to you on campus.
- Do your best to understand the material before coming to tutoring.
- Do your homework before your appointment.
- Read the syllabus. Understand what is expected of you in each class.
- Be an active student in class. Ask questions, participate in class, and take notes.
- Be aware of test and due dates so you can pace yourself and avoid cramming.
- Bring a list of questions or problems you would like to discuss with your tutor.
Students interested in becoming a peer tutor should apply online. Please list faculty as your references in the online application.