What is Access West?

What is Accessibility?  Can I use my IEP at the University of West Georgia?

Access West is an information session where you can learn about the accommodation process at UWG. Before attending college, students with disabilities often have Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans. While at UWG, you can be provided a personalized Student Accommodation Report that follows ADA guidelines. While there are some similarities among high school and college accommodations, there are also many differences. During this information session, we will discuss these differences and answer your questions. We will also discuss success strategies and provide other tips to ease the transition to college.

When is Access West?

Access West is held the day of your orientation.  For Summer 2021 orientation, our offices will be open to receive students and parents who have questions about accommodations at UWG.  Accessibility Services is located in the Counseling Center, Row Hall, room 123.  You may also call our office at 678 839-6428 or email counseling@westga.edu.

For More Information:

Download the Access West Packet

View the Access West Video.