Below is a list of available assistantships for the Fall 2016 semester, which includes: the number of available positions, contact person for the department, job duties and qualifications. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, you should contact the person listed under that department's posting. The postings are updated frequently.
Please send your application to the department you are applying to.
Contact Name: Emily Hall
Email Address: email@example.com
Number of Available Positions: 1
Position Description: The graduate assistant hired will assist the Athletics Academic Coordinator with all student athlete academic needs. A Successful Candidate will: Be admitted to a University West Georgia graduate program. Able to commit to working for at least a 1 - 2 year commitment. Be able to work nights, days and weekends. Work one on one with student athletes who are having academic issues. Supervise athletic study tables. Provide administrative support in preparation of documents and mailings to students, routine correspondence, and other areas required. Update and maintain notebooks of the following information for the advisor: student-tutor evaluation forms, grade reports, etc. Communicate any concerns or potential problems with academic advisor. Assist with maintaining academic records. Monitor student-athlete academic progress through GradesFirst. Candidate is responsible for knowing and implementing both University and NCAA rules and regulations. Other duties as assigned to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, English, Education, Speech Pathology, Psychology, Counseling, or Sports Management are preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Readiness to help with a variety of programs and tasks
- Well organized, self-starter, and self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with staff and other GAs and interns
- Comfortable in diverse settings and diverse communities
- Ability to prioritize your workload
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Capable of working unsupervised and as part of a team
- Professionalism is a must
Hours Per Week: 20
Semester Salary: Tuition waiver only
Start Date: January 4, 2017
Days & Hours Needed: Monday through Friday, some weekends, mornings, afternoons, and evenings
Application Requirements: Submit cover letter, resume, unofficial college transcript(s), and contact information for three references to Ms. Emily Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org