Below is a list of available assistantships for the Spring 2018 semester, which includes: the number of available positions, contact person for the department, job duties and qualifications. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, you should contact the person listed under that department's posting. The postings are updated frequently.
Please send your application to the department you are applying to.
Athletics- Academic Support
Contact: Emily Hall
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Available Positions: 2
The graduate assistant hired will assist the Athletics Academic Coordinator with all student athlete academic needs. A Successful Candidate will:
- Be admitted to a University West Georgia graduate program.
- Able to commit to working for at least a 1 - 2 year commitment.
- Be able to work nights, days and weekends.
- Work one on one with student athletes who are having academic issues.
- Supervise athletic study tables.
- Provide administrative support in preparation of documents and mailings to students, routine correspondence, and other areas required.
- Update and maintain notebooks of the following information for the advisor: student-tutor evaluation forms, grade reports, student calendars/priority lists etc.
- Communicate any concerns or potential problems with academic coordinator.
- Assist with maintaining academic records.
- Monitor student-athlete academic progress through Student Success Collaborative (formerly Grades First).
- Candidate is responsible for knowing and implementing both University and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, English, Education, Speech Pathology, Psychology, Counseling, and Sport Management are preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Readiness to help with a variety of programs and tasks.
- Well organized, self-starter, and self-motivated.
- Willingness to collaborate with staff and other GAs and interns.
- Comfortable in diverse settings and diverse communities.
- Ability to prioritize your workload and to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Capable of working unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Professionalism is a must.
Semester Salary: $500
Hours Per Week: 20
Days and Hours Needed: Monday - Friday, some weekends, mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
Start Date: January 3, 2017
Additional Requirements: Submit cover letter, resume, unofficial college transcript(s) and contact information for three references to Ms. Emily Hall at email@example.com.
Fall 2017 - No Longer Available
Below is a list of available assistantships for the Fall 2017 semester, which includes: the number of available positions, contact person for the department, job duties and qualifications. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, you should contact the person listed under that department's posting. The postings are updated frequently.