Attendance Expectation

Students are awarded federal aid funds under the assumption that they will attend the entire period for which the assistance was awarded. If a student never attends or fully withdraws (officially or unofficially) they may no longer be eligible for the amount of aid originally disbursed for that term.

UWG’s Financial Aid Office will identify students who do not complete the entire period of enrollment and perform a Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4). Information used to complete the calculation in the R2T4 process will include: the date of withdrawal, institutional charges, and the period of enrollment. Institutional charges include tuition, fees, books and room and board.

Withdrawal Date

The withdrawal date is determined by the office designee and is the date the student began the withdrawal process, or the date the student provided official notification of his or her intent to withdraw. If the student does not provide official notification of his or her intent to withdraw, the withdrawal date will be determined as the date the program became aware the student was not attending.

More information on how to withdraw


Return to Title IV (R2T4) calculations must be submitted within 30 days of the school’s determination that the student is withdrawn. Unearned Title IV funds must be returned within 45 days of the school’s determination of withdrawal.

Returning Unearned Funds

Unearned funds are returned to the Title IV programs within 45 days of the school’s determination of the withdrawal by the Financial Aid Office on behalf of the student. The returned funds are the student’s debt to the Institution. Students must make satisfactory payment arrangements with the Office of Student Accounts and Billing Services for repayment of the debt. If UWG is required to return funding, the student will receive an email sent to their "" email address indicating an adjustment has been made and funds have been returned on the student’s behalf.

The order that UWG returns these funds is as follows:

  • Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
  • Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
  • Federal PLUS Loan
  • Federal Pell Grant


How to Repay

You should make your payment to the University of West Georgia and it should be forwarded to the Office of Student Accounts and Billing Services, Room 109 Aycock Hall, Carrollton, Georgia 30118. You may also repay through Banweb by web check directly from your Bank Mobile account. You will need to log in to your Bank Mobile account online to find your routing number and account number to pay with this option. The web check option does not incur a service charge, so this is the best option available for repayment.

If you have questions regarding why you have to repay these funds please contact Financial Aid at 678-839-6421. For payment questions, such as how to access the web check option, please contact the Office of Student Accounts and Billing at 678-839-4737.

Failure to Repay

Consequences for failure to repay unearned funds could result in holds being placed on the student’s records and the student’s account being sent to collections.