An adult learner is a student who:
- Has graduated five or more years ago from high school (or your high school class must have graduated at least five years ago).
- Hold a high school diploma from an accredited or approved high school
-OR- have satisfactorily completed the GED.
- (Non-traditional Freshman must) have earned fewer than 30 transferable semester college credit hours.
Admissions Process and Requirements
An adult learner/non-traditional freshman applicant must submit the following items before an admissions decision can be made:
- Final High School Transcript (showing a date of graduation)
- Official GED scores - if applicable
- Official transcript from each college attended - if applicable
- $40 non-refundable application fee (If mailing a paper application, please do not mail cash payment.)
How to Apply
- Click Apply Now.
- If you already have an account or have started an application Sign In, otherwise click Create an Account.
- When your account is created and you're signed in, click Apply Online in the top right or Start an Application below the Events section.
- When your application is complete and the $40 fee is submitted, you may submit your supplemental items.
- When we receive all of the above, your application will be assessed and you will be notified regarding acceptance status.
What happens after all documents arrive at the University?
If you are 23 or older, you will receive information regarding the ACCUPLACER. All non-traditional freshman have the opportunity to take the ACCUPLACER prior to admission to UWG for placement purposes. If an applicant opts out of taking the ACCUPLACER, they will be placed in the appropriate supplemental English and/or Math labs to help ensure your success.
Minimum ACCUPLACER Scores
|ACCUPLACER Subject Tests||Minimum Score|
|Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics||258|
Please visit UWG Testing Services for more information.
Check Your Application Status
To review your required missing documents & supplemental items, check when your documents have been received, or view your admission decision, login to your Begin West account.
Our office recommends that you check your application status at least 1-2 times a week after submitting your application. We will send you important information throughout the application process, so please check your email that you use to login to your Begin West account.