Admissions Process and Requirements
An adult learner transfer student must submit the following items before an admissions decision can be made:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission
- $40 non-refundable application fee (If mailing a paper application, please do not mail cash payment.)
- Official Transcript(s) from each college attended
An adult learner transfer applicant must meet the following admission criteria:
- 30 transferrable earned hours
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.00 on all attempted transferrable coursework
- Ability to prove English, Math, and Reading proficiency
- by earning transferrable credit in ENGL 1101 and MATH 1111, or
- Exiting all learning support requirements, or
- SAT or ACT scores within the last 7 years
University of West Georgia Application for Admission, accompanied by $40 non-refundable application fee.
If mailing a paper application, please do not mail cash payment.
Send Documents The Right Way
High School and College Transcripts
All high school and college transcripts must be official in order for you to receive an admission decision. You may mail your transcripts or drop them off in person, as long as they remain in the original, sealed envelope from the school. You may also send official transcripts through an electronic transcript service, such as Parchment and eScrip-Safe. Please do not fax or email transcripts.
SAT or ACT scores must be sent electronically through the College Board or ACT website(s). We also accept SAT or ACT scores that are printed on your official high school transcripts along with the test date. All SAT or ACT subjects must have the same test date. Please do not fax or email score reports.
The following items may be faxed, emailed, mailed, delivered in person, or uploaded to your application online: West in Thirty participation agreements, transfer conditional acceptance contracts, social security cards, permanent resident cards, lawful presence verification (excluding birth certificates), judicial questionnaires, and application update forms.
Check Your Application Status
To review your required missing documents & supplemental items, check when your documents have been received, or view your admission decision, login to your Begin West account.