Incoming Student Scholarships
Please note that you must be accepted to UWG before applying for scholarships. The Priority Deadline to apply for scholarships is February 1st.
Each department keeps a list of the scholarships they offer. To learn more about Departmental Scholarships, you will need to visit the department’s website.
Fine Arts and Performing Arts Scholarships
Scholarships are available to qualified students who excel in art, music, or theatre. Requirements vary and can be found at:
General UWG Institutional Scholarships
Various memorial scholarships are designed to reward students of different ethnicities, hometowns, majors, etc.
The Trailblazer Scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen who are the first in their family to attend college. Scholarship Criteria:
- Be a first-generation student
- Demonstrate financial need by applying for Financial Aid through the FAFSA
- 62+ Year Old Waiver: Tuition Waivers for those 62+ years of age are available through the Enrollment Services Center. This waives all tuition and mandatory fees
- Border State Tuition Waiver: Alabama residents receive in-state tuition rates at UWG
The Goizueta Scholarship
The Goizueta Foundation is committed to the recruitment, retention, and success of Hispanic students. It is through this mission that the Goizueta Foundation presents renewable scholarships annually to qualified applicants for their four year undergraduate college careers at the University of West Georgia.
Legacy scholarships are available to students whose parents and other family members are graduates of UWG.
Private scholarships are scholarships offered outside of UWG. You can find private scholarships by:
- Checking with any group, organization, church, community, etc. that you may be a member of to see if they offer any scholarships
- Asking your parent’s or spouse’s employer to see if they offer scholarships you may qualify for
- Using scholarship search engines search as: fastweb.com or scholarships.com.
Admissions Foundation and Housing Ambassador Program
UWG’s Foundation & Housing Ambassador Scholarship Program is a competitive merit-based scholarship program designed to recognize academic success in varying amounts up to $6,000. Scholarship Criteria:
- High School academic GPA: 3.5
- Minimum SAT EBRW: 570 or ACT English: 24
- Minimum SAT Math: 570 or ACT Math: 23
- Desire to become involved in student leadership opportunities within the Office of Admissions, Housing & Residence Life, or local community service organizations while at UWG
Emerge West Leadership Award
The Emerge West Leadership Award is awarded to incoming freshmen students who exemplify leadership characteristics. Candidates for these scholarships must demonstrate academic potential and show achievement in extra-curricular activities. Scholarship Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities and public service
- Desire to become involved in campus organizations and community service activities while at UWG
Out-of-State Scholarship: Competitive, merit-based scholarship for non Georgia or Alabama residents