Students who have learning, psychological or physical accessibility concerns may contact Accessibility Services at the University of West Georgia. The office of Accessibility Services is housed in the Counseling Center and is committed to providing access to campus resources and opportunities to allow students with disabilities to obtain a quality educational experience at UWG. Students may contact coordinators from Accessibility Services by telephone or email. These coordinators communicate with faculty to plan for the individual needs of students.
A Student Affairs Generalist, housed part-time at the UWG Newnan site, serves as a first-stop source for student services such as Accessibility services. This person then refers those who need additional help to the appropriate office on the main campus. The Newnan Office of Student Services’ Student Development Specialist refers Newnan Center students in need of accessibility services to the Counseling Center.
The Distance & Distributed Education Center also helps faculty provide technology options for students with accessibility concerns. For example, instructors are provided with the tools to create ADA-compliant web resources; closed captioning for audio or video-based lectures, audio-based discussion boards, and tools for students with limited dexterity.
Additional accessibility information is provided for eCore students.
3rd Party Tools Accessibility Statements
- Adobe Accessibility Statement
- Audacity Accessibility Statement
- Blackboard Collaborate Accessibility Statement
- Camtasia / Snagit Accessibility Statement
- Films On Demand Accessibility Statement
- Google / Google Docs Accessibility Statement
- Hoonuit Accessibility Statement
- Kaltura Accessibility Statement
- Microsoft Office Accessibility Statement
- OpenOffice Accessibility Statement
- Smarthinking Accessibility Statement
- ReadSpeaker Accessibility Statement
- Turnitin Accessibility Statement
- YouTube Accessibility Statement