Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics
Thrive in a Data-Driven World
Learn how to analyze large data sets and apply modern statistical techniques to solve real-world business problems.
Applied Business Analytics Introduction
DISCOVER THE STORY BEHIND THE DATA
UWG's STEM designated M.S. in Applied Business Analytics prepares students to thrive in a world where decisions are driven by data. Students will learn how to analyze large datasets and apply modern statistical techniques to solve real-world problems. The program focuses not just on general business but on specific industry-areas such as healthcare, athletics and sports, and retail, allowing students the flexibility to mix and match tracks according to their interests. This program is intended for students who have already successfully completed business statistics courses as an undergraduate and who graduated with a 2.75 or greater GPA (out of a 4.0).
Applied Business Analytics Tracks
Healthcare Analytics Track
- Identifying patterns and trends that help make more informed decisions about patient care and improve patient outcomes, such as reduced hospital readmissions and lower mortality rates.
- Helping healthcare organizations identify areas where they can reduce costs by optimizing staffing levels, reducing waste, and identifying inefficient processes.
- Helping healthcare professionals identify high-risk populations and develop targeted interventions to improve their health outcomes leading to better overall population health and reduced healthcare costs.
- Helping healthcare organizations comply with regulations and standards, such as HIPAA and Meaningful Use, by providing accurate and timely data
- Helping researchers identify new areas of study, develop more effective treatments, and improve the overall quality of healthcare research.
Sports Analytics Track
- Helping teams and athletes optimize their performance by analyzing data on factors such as player positioning, game statistics, and injury patterns.
- Giving teams and athletes a competitive edge by analyzing data on opponents, identifying weaknesses and adjusting strategies.
- Optimizing marketing efforts by leveraging data on fan behavior and engagement.
- Preventing injuries by analyzing data on injury patterns and risk factors.
- Helping teams identify and recruit talented players by analyzing data on player performance, scouting reports, and other relevant factors.
- Helping teams and organizations understand fan behavior and preferences, allowing them to tailor their marketing efforts and fan engagement initiatives to better connect with their audience.
Data Intelligence Track
- Helping organizations make data-driven decisions by providing a framework for analyzing marketing data and identifying trends and patterns.
- Analyzing sales data to identify trends and patterns in customer behavior, inventory management, and pricing.
- Helping retailers optimize their inventory levels by providing insights into customer demand, seasonal trends, and other factors that affect inventory levels.
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activities, such as return fraud, credit card fraud, and employee theft.
- Improving supply chain management and lowering costs.
- Measuring the effectiveness of companies' marketing campaigns and tactics by providing a framework for evaluating results and identifying areas for improvement.
- Business Analysts
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Data Analysts
- Data Engineers
- Data Scientists
- Data Visualization Specialists
- Other Related Positions