Learning Goals - Undergraduate
Bachelor of Business Administration Learning Goals and Objectives
LG = Learning Goal, LO = Learning Objective
The B.B.A. programs provide students with a high-quality business education based on a solid liberal arts foundation so they can secure entry-level positions in organizations and/or pursue graduate studies. To accomplish this mission, the faculty members are committed to educate students, who, upon graduation, will:
LG1: Communicate effectively.
- LO1.1 Students will produce professional quality business documents.
- LO1.2 Students will make a professional presentation.
LG2: Apply basic quantitative skills to business problems.
- LO2.1 Students will construct and interpret tabular and graphical methods of presenting qualitative and quantitative data.
- LO2.2 Students will use spreadsheet software to evaluate and use the results of regression models.
- LO2.3 Students will solve and interpret quantitative business models using spreadsheet software.
LG3: Use information technology to solve business problems.
- LO3.1 Students will effectively use a word processing program.
- LO3.2 Students will effectively use a spreadsheet program.
- LO3.3 Students will effectively use a presentation program.
LG4: Possess a basic knowledge of accounting, economics, finance, the legal environment of business, management, and marketing.
- LO4.1 Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts of accounting, economics, finance, the legal environment of business, management, MIS, and marketing.
LG5: Understand how ethical decision-making and globalization affect organizations.
- LO5.1 Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze issues and situations having ethical and legal implications for business.
- LO5.2 Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of international economic and business concepts.
LG6: Utilize general and management-specific knowledge and skills in the analysis of business and economic problems.
- LO6.1 Students will demonstrate a basic knowledge of relevant costs for decision making. LO6.2 Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze the current situation of an organization and to develop a plan to ensure organizational viability.